Question Which of these UHD bluray players do you recommend?

Geebau

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just got a 4k tv, Sony XD85, and now I'm looking for a UHD bluray player. The selection here in Finland seems to be quite limited, so here are the ones I have to choose from.

Samsung UBD-K8500 249€ with 3 movies
Panasonic DMP-UB300 319,9€
Panasonic DMP-UB400 389,9€
Panasonic DMP-UB700 298,9€
LG UP970 399,9€
Sony UBP-X800 449,9€ with 1 movie

I can get 50€ off with a gift card from all but the UB700.

I'd prefer that the player isn't especially noisy. I have read that the K8500 has a somewhat loud fan noise.
Are there big differences in picture quality?

Which one would you recommend out of these?

Hello, I just got a 4k tv, Sony XD85, and now I'm looking for a UHD bluray player. The selection here in Finland seems to be quite limited, so here are the ones I have to choose from.

Panasonic DMP-UB300 319,9€
Panasonic DMP-UB400 389,9€
Panasonic DMP-UB700 298,9€
LG UP970 399,9€
Sony UBP-X800 449,9€ with 1 movie

I'd prefer that the player isn't especially noisy. I have read that the K8500 has a somewhat loud fan noise.
Are there big differences in picture quality?

Which one would you recommend out of these?
UB700. Very Quiet.
Although it has a fan it's thermostatically controlled and mine has never come on (apart from a brief period at power on where it then shuts off again within a few seconds)
All players you mention will have similar picture quality with UHD. Some are better than others at upscaling blu-ray.

UB 700 here also. Great player for the money.

UB700 definitely

If funds are limited the K8500 might be OK at 100 euro less than a UB700. But it is noisy.
I had one and returned within a couple of weeks due to the always on fan which I found annoyingly intrusive during quiet scenes in movies. If you have the option of easy hassle free return it could be worth trying for yourself and seeing if the fan is too noisy for you. The 3 free UHDs that come with it would be a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input, I'll be getting the UB700. As the TV-stand I have, has a closed back and an open front, so the noises somewhat "echo" towards the couch.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom