Which Oled TV? Panasonic vs LG

Djouliaing

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently sold my Panasonic 4k TV (not Oled) and I am looking to buy a new Oled one.
So far, I have narrowed mz research to several 55inches models:
- Panasonic GZ950E (1250€)
- LG E9 (1500€)
- LG GX (2000€)
(price in Belgium)

My use is 30% pc monitor for watching youtube/twitch or TV shows I have on the pc, 60% streaming services and 4k Blu Ray disks, 10% ps4 Pro (when a good solo game came out).
I read that the Panasonic has overall a better picture quality than the LG. However, the OS is quite poor in apps,compared to LG.
I am not planning to buy the next gen console before at least 1 year and a half, but I understand that LG is better regarding this next generation.
However, gaming is not my top priority for my next TV.

I have several questions to help me make my choice:
- is there a big difference between LG and Pana regarding the picture quality? Or a lambda person (like me) a will probably not notice the difference?
- Is the price difference between the LG E9 and CX worth it? People have recommended the C9 but it's no longer available in the stores near me.

Which TV would you recommend?

Thank you

- is there a big difference between LG and Pana regarding the picture quality? Or a lambda person (like me) a will probably not notice the difference?
The LG C9 and E9 have the same picture quality. The E9 comes with an integrated soundbar for better built in sound.
The LG CX and GX are also the same picture quality. The GX has a special flat-to-wall mounting design.

Regarding LG versus Panasonic, Panasonic have better all round picture accuracy. If you like your TV to be the most accurate, the GZ950 is best.

Since there's no C9 availability then really the Panasonic GZ950 is a lot better value than the others.
- Is the price difference between the LG E9 and CX worth it? People have recommended the C9 but it's no longer available in the stores near me.
What is your price for the CX? Its a new 2020 model so its usually going to be priced too high this time of year (its just been released). The E range is only preferable if you want better built in sound. Most people would add a soundbar to a cheaper TV to get a better result.
Which TV would you recommend?
Based on the above pricing, the GZ950.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom