Question Which Qled 55

Memnoch22

Novice Member
Reaction score
So a brief description of my situation.
I'm replacing a KS8000 49 that was accidentally broken last week, luckily i had accidental damage cover so have a £1300 gift-card with John Lewis.
It will go in my bedroom (which i keep very dark mostly) so the largest i can go with is 55in, I'm stuck between the Q80, 85 and 90R.
My usage is a mix of Netflix, Amazon Prime, PS4 Pro and watching football through a Virgin V6 box.
Can some of you guys give me some opinions as although price isn't a factor i don't want to throw money at the Q90 if it isn't really an improvement on the lower models.

I picked up the Q70R from the Samsung store via a workplace portal at the end of September and it's brilliant. I know this isn't one of the set's you've listed but if you compare the Q70R to the Q80R, the only real difference is the Ultra Wide viewing angle coating. There are no more local dimming zones in the UK Q80R than the Q70R. The Q85R and Q90R have more local dimming zones as per @Cyph3r post here:

As the above poster stated the Q70r offers the same number of zones as the q80, The filter on the q80 isn't just for bright rooms though it gives a wider viewing angle without losing saturation or black levels. If you don't need wider viewing angles the q70 is excellent value and offers great dark room performance.

Q80 is brighter too. Depends on price differences as to what is best value.

The q90r is now getting tempting to add it to my oled and led tv shortlist. Price slowly falling, richer sounds now have it at £1774 after discount code is added.

To be fair that’s not too bad. I waited to get my Q9 and ended up paying 1599. I don’t remember seeing it for less.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom