Which Smartwatch to buy?

romano

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm contemplating bying a smartwatch, but I have no idea which model to get.

I would like to use it mostly for sports, also for listening to music, sending and receiving messages or for payments at a store.

That means the watch should have the following:
Waterproof, shock resistant, GPS, Heart rate monitor and NFC.

As for the operating system, I wanted to get wear OS, since it has the most apps available. However, I've seen that it has horrible reviews in the App Store. What would system would you recommend?

Attachments

• 1595236078760.png
    1595236078760.png
    312 bytes · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't decided yet, I'd suggest you go with a cheaper smartwatch with basic features to get sense of what you need. I wasn't convinced in the beginning about smartwatches and what benefits it can bring. But after trying one, now I am more used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple equation is what is your phone. Your buying into an ecosystem with a watch and there are only Apple or Samsung that offer the full package.

I have a gen 5 fossil smartwatch and can't say anything bad about it or wear os. Has all you need apart from shockproof I believe. Also has sleep tracking since the last update. Its paired to my pixel phone and never had any issues, can use the Spotify app on it, you'll get all your text and WhatsApp messages through, can use it for calls.

Definitely worth checking out.

Personally, I think Samsung is far superior. Their features, overall, are just better and their watches look like regular watches. I also heard the Watch3 is the only one that can support a standalone eSIM service, which just shows that Samsung is far more innovative and serious about offering great tech. Maybe that isn't your thing, but they get mad respect from me for that!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom