Which Speakers?

ChipUK

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start playing my Guitars thru a Boss BR-80 (not yet purchased) which can act as an audio interface. I currently have a good soundbar (JVC) which I wonder if I could play thru that?

Alternatively, my PC on the other side of the (small) room currently has no speakers - would it be better to use either:

1. Good quality PC Speakers
2. Active Bookshelf Speakers (which I could maybe replace the soundbar with?)
3. Studio Monitors

Would appreciate any advice etc. Obviously, If the soundbar will work its a no-brainer - no cost!

Thanks in advance...Chip

Soundbar should work fine (3.5mm line-in socket or RCA) as it has a built-in poweramp. They're dynamic though, so might be bass heavy compared to flat monitors.

I'd try it first and see how it sounds, I've plugged a Pocket Pod up to an Anker battery powered speaker for jamming outside and it sounded fine to me (not to my neighbours, though:D).

I'm going to start playing my Guitars thru a Boss BR-80 (not yet purchased) which can act as an audio interface. I currently have a good soundbar (JVC) which I wonder if I could play thru that?

Alternatively, my PC on the other side of the (small) room currently has no speakers - would it be better to use either:

1. Good quality PC Speakers
2. Active Bookshelf Speakers (which I could maybe replace the soundbar with?)
3. Studio Monitors

Would appreciate any advice etc. Obviously, If the soundbar will work its a no-brainer - no cost!

Thanks in advance...Chip

Depends on your price but if you want high end bookshelf I can strongly recommend the KEF LSX.

Mines hooked up to PC for Music/Gaming/Movies but also to Clavinova Digital Piano.

About as good as music reproduction can get in a pair of small bookshelf active speakers but are ~ £1K.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom