Question Which tablet to get?

flembot

Novice Member
Reaction score
So the ecosystem I use on my PC is Windows 10. And my phone is a OnePlus 6 android.

I am in the market for a tablet - not one with a massive screen as I would prefer a smaller one so its easier to hold. However, I am not sure which to get as I feel like if I get an iPad (for example) then I will be hopping in and out of the iOS eco system. Essentially what I am looking for is to have a tablet using software that works well with Android and Windows.

Any advice?

I have a Surface Pro (Windows), Huawei phone (Android), Google Chromebook, Apple iPad tablet, and an Apple TV at home too. I have standardised everything I do on Microsoft's platform - my files are in OneDrive, I use an Office365 email address (but Outlook.com would do more or less the same for free), and also have the Office suite across all 3 devices thanks to the licensing. I have those apps across all of my devices - I use the Outlook app on both my iPad and smartphone in place of the default ones. Apple make that a bit more difficult, but it doesn't cause me any real issues.

I don't tend to buy many apps so it works for me - but in theory I could be at risk of needing to repurchase something on Android and buy it again on iOS. If you do buy lots of apps, that might not work. For me, most things are subscription based (e.g. Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Spotify, newspaper subscription etc.) and so the apps are free on all the devices and they work with the subscripton just by logging in.

I have mostly standardised on Apple's TV store for movies (due to the much wider 4K selection compared to Amazon and Google Play). I can't access those on my Android phone as there isn't an app, but I'd hate to watch a movie on such a small screen.

Apple's iPads are hard to beat. If you aren't someone to buy lots of apps, I'd recommend it. Microsoft have really invested in the idea that they want people to use their platform even if they aren't using a Windows PC/tablet/phone, and so try to make their apps work great on other platforms like iOS and Android. But if you've invested heavily in Google's ecosystem (gmail, drive etc.) then I'm not sure how well their apps work on iOS.

i know not strictly a tablet but what about a microsoft surface, ive been looking into these as also confused between which tab to get then i saw and used these and sort of more a laptop but the keyboard is not even needed and you get full windows

Price is much higher when compared with a tab though

look, I’ll tell you what I’m talking about once you try ipad, but if you want to interface both android and windows I suggest you take a tablet mid-range of samsung as the Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom