Question Which Yamaha

Hi All.

Just wanted to report back and let you know I got the tannoys. Had then run in now for a while and I got to say I am more than satisfied.
The sound fills my room and the base is just right.

Have been enjoying my music more than ever. Thanks all that commented.
Thanks for letting us know. Take it the yammy is a good match for the tannoys then? Hows the mrs liking the upgrade and size difference?

Thanks for letting us know. Take it the yammy is a good match for the tannoys then? Hows the mrs liking the upgrade and size difference?

Yes the amp and speaker combo sound great to me. The sound quality is just such a huge step up that anybody would appreciate it. Including my wife. The speakers look classy too imo the size fits the room well. The fact that they sound so good is helping me convince her they look good...the colour was not quite a match to the furniture as anticipated...ah well!;)
I reckon the fyne would have matched better but we weren't to know that without viewing. Cant have everything I suppose. She's slowing coming round.:)

I have a question> i'm not very knowledgeable about home sound systems, however I know the basics. I have a Yamaha RX-4757 that I haven't used in years and now am trying to. the problem is that when I turn it on, it clicks once or twice, the front lights up>then it shuts off. when I turn it on and push the pure direct button, it stays on but the front display lights fade out but light back up when I push any buttons. I have other recievers and a equalizer but this receiver has the most speaker outputs and im trying to hook up a lot,(maybe 15-20) speakers. I plan on using at least 2 or 3 or 4 recievers. the other recievers are 200 or 400 watt. I have 1 cerwin vega 15, 2 2 12"woofer technics towers, energy towers, energy center, energy satelllites, klipsh satellites, jbl book shelf, klipsh powered sub, and some car audio woofers like a solar baric 12 and an alpine 10, and a bunch of higher model lower brand speakers that handle around 100 watts. My question is, is it worth trying to fix the Yamaha or can I just run into it from the eq and another amp and just use pure direct mode? is that possible and with it still be able to push some speakers in pure direct or will it be the same as if it wasn't being used. im not sure about how the pure direct works. or can someone tell me how to track down theshort or problem with the rest of it? thank you. any knowledgable response is greatly appreciated

15-20 speakers all at once? Why so many? Are they connected to the receiver already? If so Im guessing its overloading the receiver.

Pure direct usually bypasses processing etc, even potentially removing power from parts of the amp (my stereo amp with pure direct on removes power from the usb port) to give the 'cleanest' signal.

heres what im working with; (I was thinking I would hook some speakers and recievers up for high quality-clean sound that's not scraming and hitting loud and shaking the place, then maybe turn on another reciver or 2 to join in and lower the output of the clean ones and just be loud and a lot of bass to piss off the neighbors) ; I have the monster power center hts3500, Yamaha Rx-757 with the cutout prob-400w 14 spk outputs, klh r700 w? 7 spk, kenwood km-894 200w 4spk, technics sagx 130 175w 4spk, sony str-k670p 160w 7spk, Sherwood eq470b, Mitsubishi eq dag157 ///speakers are 1 cerwin vega 15, 2 technics 9b-a52, 1 polk audio monitor 30, klipsh 2056912?, 3 klh ss-02, 2 kenwood ks-206ht, 5 energy take z take 5+1-1, 2 energy c7, 1 energy c-c3, 2 more energy bookshelf?, 2 onkyo skf-425f , 2 jbl sat20, 2 klipsh rsx-4's, alpine 10, old round solar baric 12, and a couple crappy pioneers and some sansui horns and hi's. some equnp isn't that great but I figure I can use my settings and equalizers to put more power on the better sounding ones and less on the ones that don't.. any opinions on how I should hook it up? I know the klipsh powered sub I prob wont use cuz of the cord it takes.

15-20 speakers all at once? Why so many? Are they connected to the receiver already? If so Im guessing its overloading the receiver.

Pure direct usually bypasses processing etc, even potentially removing power from parts of the amp (my stereo amp with pure direct on removes power from the usb port) to give the 'cleanest' signal.

no they aren't hooked up. I haven't had them hooked up since my last place. right now I just hooked up the cv 15 and the jbl bookshelf to theklh reciver and an eq till I figure out if I can get the Yamaha to work

so if I go from the cd player to the eq to the klh to the Yamaha some of the speakers, will it be loud and push enough power? and whould I control the volume with the Yamaha?

so if I go from the cd player to the eq to the klh to the Yamaha some of the speakers, will it be loud and push enough power? and whould I control the volume with the Yamaha?
that's on pure direct. I know the energy's sound the best, I used to have them hooked up to one receiver and some sansui 16's with the cerwin vega 15 and the solar baric 12 hooked up to another.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom