White Lines (Netflix) canceled after season 1

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

White Lines takes place on the Balearic Islands in Spain, including Majorca and Ibiza, where the body of a once-popular British DJ is discovered 20 years after his initial disappearance.

His sister flies out to uncover what happened to him, but her investigation will force her to confront her own personal demons…

Laura Haddock is leading the cast of White Lines, best known as the late mother of Star-Lord in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. She also starred as Hannah Roberts in TV thriller The Capture.

Marta Milans (Shazam) and Juan Diego Botto (Good Behaviour) will co-star in the new series, with supporting roles for Nuno Lopes (Saint George), Daniel Mays (Good Omens), Laurence Fox (Victoria) and Angela Griffin (Waterloo Road).

Last edited:
Nobody else watched this ? Binged it in 3 days. Never going to win any awards, it’s rather to soapy for that, but I found it entertaining never the less. I’m not sure they ever quite get to grips with consolidating the two main strands, it’s a little jarring and massively lacking in subtlety. It all looks lovely though and it took me back to my misspent youth. 7/10

Had a decent soundtrack I thought - had me signing along at certain points anyway.

My problem was I didn’t really like any of the characters so struggled to take too much interest in what happened to them.

I thought they strung it out for too long as well, should’ve bashed it out in 6 episodes rather than 10.

Overall though I agree, it was entertaining.

I couldn't get further than episode two, I just couldn't gel with the characters so quickly lost interest in what was going on. Its the first time in a very long time that I've given up on a series part way through.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom