• AN Other

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Theon

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Starwarsclark

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am interested to hear peoples thoughts on who had the best GoT story arc amongst the myriad of characters. So I thought maybe we could set up a poll and people vote for the character they thought had the best arc and their reasons why they voted.

For me it was Ayra as she went from a determined little child who would not be defined by her sex but by her will and she certainly achieved that over the course of the show. Her defining moment was killing the White King and that was what all of the training she went through was all about.

Ayra for me too, but taking out the Freys was the highlight of her training for me.

I couldn't say what the best is. But ones I've enjoyed are Arya, Jon, Cersei, Sansa, Dany, and Stannis.

Arya and Jon haven't really changed though, it's been more of a rough learning curve. They are the same characters they always set out to be.

I've loved Stannis' changing fortunes and sacrifices over his screen time, but I didn't like how he went out.

Jaime I've felt has been too different to how he started out. I think his arc from season 1-3 was the best. He went too far in later seasons which is why I'm glad he went back to his true love.

Sansa has really had to change and grow throughout her experiences. I think hers has been the sharpest curve of all. I think its a coin toss between her, Dany and Cersei. Three tragic, powerful women with amazing arcs.

Haven't mentioned Tyrion yet, who I think is one of the show's best characters. However I've really felt he's been disempowered ever since his exile from Westeros. Hated his simpering persona in recent years, so I was very pleased to see him get at least one moment in the last episode: resigning as hand and defying the queen. Its a bit too little (lol) too late though.

Even so, what an incredible performance from Peter Dinklage.

Tyrion and Arya has their peaks, they both had 4/5 good seasons out of 8.

IMO Jon Snow and Dany has the best arcs and moments over the period of 8 seasons. It was fairly consistent and remained true to their character (except the rush job).

Arya was my knee-jerk reaction... I could be convinced otherwise.

Tyrion was in my view the "best" character, and the best portrayed by Dinklage my a country mile.

Though clearly a tertiary character, the Hound gets an honourable mention from me.

IMO some of the characters suffered at the hands of the actor that portrayed them. Dany in particular, could have been a lot more compelling throughout, but most notably in this last season, if Clarke had more... chutzpah

Perhaps the story itself was up there, but I didn't feel like I was really on-board for the ride on occasion.

Last edited:
Cant really make up my mind on who had the best story arc ,as there has been some great ones. Tyrion was my favourite character on GoT but was lame last couple of seasons. But his arc was very good.

Liked Cersei arc as was so well acted by Lena Headey,but this season there wasnt enough of her.

Jaime arc was excellent but could have done without the Brienne match up. Good ending for him.

Arya's arc with the faceless men was good and as was already said,dealing with the Freys and killing the night king.

Danys arc was very good too from the time with the dothraki, becoming mother of dragons and her death after kings Landing. But needed more episodes to show her descent into madness.

I also liked Theons arc from his betrayal to redemption, his time as reek with Ramsey Bolton was excellently carried out.

But there has been so many great arcs and performances from the Hound,Lord Varys,ser Davos, Stannis and for me one of the stand out ones was Petyr Baelish .

GoT was a great show but season 8 didnt live up to the rest due to it being so rushed. 9/10 series for me

Theon for me. What a remarkable storyline he has had.

A multiple choice answer on the poll would be useful.
For me it was Arya, Sansa and Theon. With probably Arya if I had to choose one.

Sansa for me.

Going from spoilt little princess who believed in Prince Charming and fairytale endings, through the appalling abuse she suffered, and ending up as a clever, strong, regal woman was fantastic. Brilliantly portrayed by Sophie Tuner, too. :thumbsup:

Jaime's arc was my favourite. He went from the cocky, hateful golden boy, via the thoroughly demoralised and defeated husk to the man who chose duty over love and then couldn't ignore his love over duty. Or something along those lines.

It would have to have been between Jon & Dany until the rush on S7 & S8 with just another 4 or 5 episodes it could have been perfect. For me, its Theon as his arc was not spoilt by rushed writing or boosted by plot armour. The way he faced down the Night King, knowing he would die, where previously he would have ran, like he did from Yara and Euron. He made peace with Yara, won the respect of his people back, didn't forget the debt he owed the Starks and then he got words of forgiveness from Jon, was told he was a good man by Bran and had Sansa's remorse at his funeral scene.

Hot Pie ftw :smashin:
he should have been on Bake Off

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom