Question Why get Disney+ via SkyQ?

lukeysl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been covered I have done a search but not seen the specific answer, to why should anyone get Disney+ via Sky?

It appears you don't get the 7 day trial nor the option to pay £59 (15% discount over the year)

And appears from info on Disney and Sky I can get it direct via Disney, and log into the Sky Q app.

I will be using Disney+ via sky as it means the same interface in all my rooms rather than Sony Bravo's downstairs, LG in one room and Xbox in my games room however I see no gain getting it via Sky which is odd? (Bar a single bill)

Lastly have read that HDR/4K not available via Sky app. So I presume in my Bravio room if I want that I can just sign that app in direct anyway?

Thanks!!

Ps have cancelled sky kids to save the £5 there.

Hi, sorry if this has been covered I have done a search but not seen the specific answer, to why should anyone get Disney+ via Sky?

It appears you don't get the 7 day trial nor the option to pay £59 (15% discount over the year)

And appears from info on Disney and Sky I can get it direct via Disney, and log into the Sky Q app.

I will be using Disney+ via sky as it means the same interface in all my rooms rather than Sony Bravo's downstairs, LG in one room and Xbox in my games room however I see no gain getting it via Sky which is odd? (Bar a single bill)

Lastly have read that HDR/4K not available via Sky app. So I presume in my Bravio room if I want that I can just sign that app in direct anyway?

Thanks!!

Ps have cancelled sky kids to save the £5 there.

Do not use the Disney+ app on your Xbox if it is an Xbox One S or X. If you are watching something in 4k (or 1440p), you will get skipping. Nothing you can do to stop it. Use the app on your TV as you get native resolution, native frame rate and HDR (or DV).

Thanks @JSWolf the problem is no smart TV in our den room, so it's either via the Xbox or a Sky Q mini hub. To be fair any full on cinema moments we do in the main room on the Bravia etc so will use that app there for sure.

My query / concern is if to get it now or wait till Sky have it but from all I can see there's zero reason to get via Sky that's just confusing me!!

I don't want to take a path I regret

Convenience,
The SkyQ interface is something people use day in day out. More so that the smart TV generic functions I suspect

Unfortunately, Disney+ isn't integrated at all into SkyQ, you have to scroll through the menus to get to the apps and launch it from there.
Searching for D+ content from the SkyQ search doesn't work like it does with Netflix.
Also, I have SkyQ, ATV4K and Firestick 4K and the latter two have a much better, clearer picture than SkyQs D+ playback (I have the 1TB 1080p SkyQ box).

Presumably it all runs at 50 frames a second too, which will get PAL speed up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom