why is there so much hatred for Corbyn?

Anyway on topic, he seemed to have some decent ideas and seemed different to other politicians when he became leader but he is limited (has he ever had a proper job) and seems to only be able to protest and some of ideas are pure fantasy. Scrapping all uni fees and reimbursing others was never going to work, cant believe students fell for it. To be honest I think he is a puppet to unions, momentum and john mcdonnel, and is never going to be PM (thankfully).

Completely and utterly brainwashed, plain and simple:

(Of course, no-one will admit that "Yes, it's true, I'm brainwashed" but trust me, you have been!)

That's a superb link.

And still people ask if the media are making our minds up.
The biggest problem for the people, is the people, to my mind.
We can't see what's in front of our eyes.

Brainwashed? I'm all for it.

As individuals with our own minds I think it is reasonable to understand we know what lies behind the newspaper headlines - all newspaper headlines and articles.

Every morning I spend time reading articles from many newspapers, from that I gauge political thinking, obstacles, direction etc. without going too deep.

So, yes, every morning I am open to a bit of brainwashing, rinse and spin.
Of course you are! :rolleyes: And you think everyone is the same as you? Plenty of people are complaining about the state the country is in with homelessness, working people suffering on Universal Credit, kids going to school hungry, the disabled being denied PIP, the economy heading off a cliff due to the uncertainty over Brexit while the Prime Minister blatantly lies in their faces and yet....the Tories will win again because that's the sensible party to vote for as opposed to the man who says he wants to stop all that!

Turkeys voting for Christmas...AGAIN! And why? Because Corbyn is (apparently) no leader! Makes perfect sense!

Where have you people been for the last 4 years? If only we had known :facepalm:

indeed Corbyn is an antisemite and and Ira supporting clown, and a commie too, Big Business will FLEE! FLEE! for their lives if this tyrant gets into power...........But he wont, the british public are too sensible.

Christ, I never thought I'd see this conversation on AVforums.

Seriously, I'm sick of asking people their evidence that Corbyn - a well-documented life-long anti-racist - is an antisemite. It's laughable. On the other hand, there's plenty evidence that he is not, that he's a friend of the jews and also that Labour is anything but antisemitic (see HoC report from 2017 for one thing, 0.06% level of AS within membership (way lower than populous and waaaay lower than the tories).
And if you think bringing the highest tax levels back to what they have been from the 50's til the 80's, and you want to see all these rich people getting richer and poor getting poorer, then go for your life, but I for one reserve the right to call you a despicable individual, or a fool, or just very easily led.

As in most things political these days, it is all false news and political interference. In Corbyn's case it is all down to interference in British politics by Israel. Secret filming of events at the 2016 Labour Party conference showed the Israeli Ambassador and embassy officials hatching plans to discredit Corbyn for his criticism of Israel.
His anti-Semitism is nothing to with criticism of Israel but perpetuating old anti-Semitic tropes/canards, as he did with his support of that mural and his gushing foreword in a reprint of an early 20th century book featuring that shit too (Imperialism: A Study by John Atkinson Hobson).

I also mentioned earlier that he was receiving disproportionate criticism in relation to others ... well I've frequently mentioned Farage totally doing the same shit, though he's not as dumb as Corbyn in that he knows full well what he's doing and also uses coded language. His relationships and support of the anti-Semitic/neo-Nazi AfD, FN, FPÖ, Orbán et al along with his regular pushing of those old conspiracy tropes on Alex Jones' Infowars make him far far worse than Corbyn. Worse still are those hypocrites disingenuously slamming Corbyn over it, while defending or praising Farage over the same shit.

Corbyn's real problem is that he has made his life in parliament by objecting to everything and doesn't know how to do anything else. When he was put forward as a party leader candidate it was a token gesture and no one, probably not even him, remotely believed he'd get the job. Unfortunately for the serious candidates, he was the only one who could stand up and deliver a half decent speech, albeit short on content, but with plenty of fire and rhetoric. As leader, he simply can't offer anything constructive because he has never needed to before and doesn't know how.

Yeah, these annoying commies, objecting to things like privatisation, wars in the Middle East etc.
Maybe you should do more objecting?

His anti-Semitism is nothing to with criticism of Israel but perpetuating old anti-Semitic tropes/canards, as he did with his support of that mural and his gushing foreword in a reprint of an early 20th century book featuring that sh*t too (Imperialism: A Study by John Atkinson Hobson).

I also mentioned earlier that he was receiving disproportionate criticism in relation to others ... well I've frequently mentioned Farage totally doing the same sh*t, though he's not as dumb as Corbyn in that he knows full well what he's doing and also uses coded language. His relationships and support of the anti-Semitic/neo-Nazi AfD, FN, FPÖ, Orbán et al along with his regular pushing of those old conspiracy tropes on Alex Jones' Infowars make him far far worse than Corbyn. Worse still are those hypocrites disingenuously slamming Corbyn over it, while defending or praising Farage over the same sh*t.

Couple that with the fact that according to some it's outrageous now to vote for a Corbyn led-Labour, yet okay in the name of Brexit to vote for a Farage led Brexit party, you can pretty much see why there's always a stench of napalm in the air.

Christ, I never thought I'd see this conversation on AVforums.

Seriously, I'm sick of asking people their evidence that Corbyn - a well-documented life-long anti-racist - is an antisemite. It's laughable. On the other hand, there's plenty evidence that he is not, that he's a friend of the jews and also that Labour is anything but antisemitic (see HoC report from 2017 for one thing, 0.06% level of AS within membership (way lower than populous and waaaay lower than the tories).
And if you think bringing the highest tax levels back to what they have been from the 50's til the 80's, and you want to see all these rich people getting richer and poor getting poorer, then go for your life, but I for one reserve the right to call you a despicable individual, or a fool, or just very easily led.
Your frustration is understandable.

However, personal opinions and like/dislike of personal political stance is something we all have to live with and maybe show a certain amount of respect for other peoples' opinions.

Name calling is not an argument and only indicates an attitude of entrenchment.

Couple that with the fact that according to some it's outrageous now to vote for a Corbyn led-Labour, yet okay in the name of Brexit to vote for a Farage led Brexit party, you can pretty much see why there's always a stench of napalm in the air.
Farage never supported anyone who attacked my barracks. Twice.

Labour had something , an inquiry is pushing it a lil to what actually transpired , conservative did fudge all on Islamophobia within the party .

Unlike yourself , my post did not take a side on said party but the side the poster in question had taken in their views and opinion in said post .

You may of missed that .
Too many sides, parties and posts mentioned to follow what your point is...
Just to be clear I don't support the labour party. And noting that they, as they said they would, had an inquiry, while the Conservatives did not do as they said they would and haven't had an inquiry is not taking sides.

What is noticeable in the difference in the media exposure given to anti-semitism claims within Labour compared to Islamaphobia wihin the Conservative party. Some of the stories like this one are straining the bounds of credibility. Allegedly took place in March 2018 but is reported for the first time in November 2019 just before an election. And reportedly only heard by the Buzzfeed journalist but not by others on the bus.

The incident happened on the evening of Thursday March 15 2018. This reporter was sitting behind Carden and McGinn on a private bus back to London from Cheltenham races. Also present were other Labour MPs as well as MPs from other parties.

As he and Labour colleagues played music from their phones throughout the two-and-a-half hour ride back to the capital, Carden — a lifelong campaigner on equalities issues — repeatedly sang the chorus of “Hey Jude”, replacing the word “Jude” with “Jews”.

When the chorus reached the word “Jude”, Carden chanted at the top of his voice: “Jews, Jews, Jews”.

A Senior Labour Politician Sang “Hey Jews” To The Song “Hey Jude”

The chorus of of Hey Jude has only one sequence where Jude could be multiply replaced by Jews without buggering up the singalong. And if you listen to the original song, Paul McCartney seems to be singing Jew (Ju) himself to my ears: 03.59 onwards
Ju, Ju, Jude, Jude Judeh, Judeh whoa
and at 04.11
Ju, Ju, Ju, Ju, Ju

This was a coach full of journalists and MPs. If anyone genuinely believed any antisemitic behaviour had taken place, they would’ve had a moral responsibility to report it immediately . He questioned why Buzzfeed had only been published the piece “when a general election is imminent”, rather than in March 2018 when the incident was alleged to have occurred.

Buzzfeed.........did not explain why it previously chose not to publish the story.

Corbyn to investigate claims shadow minister sang ‘Hey Jews’ over ‘Hey Jude’ lyrics

Sounds to me more like a perhaps drunken slurring of the word Jude by a scouser being misheard, misinterpreted, and misreported. It would fall into the category of not proven unless a lot of other people on the bus suddenly come forward to support the story with one or more luckily having a recording of the song being sung they've just remembered was on their phone for the last 20 months....;)
a 2014 Pew Research Center survey found that in the United States, BuzzFeed was viewed as an unreliable source by the majority of respondents, regardless of age or political affiliation

But this is not the first time this song has been involved in controversy
Paul McCartney had no idea anybody would associate the now iconic Beatles song “Hey Jude” with the Jews. That was, until he got a very angry phone call. But one day in 1968, McCartney said, “I got this furious phone call from this guy, Mr. Leon, who was Jewish, he said: ‘What are you doing, how dare you do this.’” The singer added that “In Hitler’s day, in the Nazi thing, ‘Juden raus’ meant Jews out. And I didn’t connect.”
Paul McCartney: 'Hey Jude' isn't about the Jews
Carden could thus have replaced Jude with Juden if he had wanted to be particularly insulting...

Last edited:
(Of course, no-one will admit that "Yes, it's true, I'm brainwashed" but trust me, you have been!)
How can you be "brainwashed" when it is dubious its possible at all?

Screenshot_20191109-232127_Google.jpg

This crazy! He is not an old Idealistic fool, he is not an antisemitic, he did not support the IRA, he is incapable of telling a lie and he is the ONLY candidate who can save this country, the NHS and it's people from the grip of the USA.

It really does annoy me when people make assumptions on the lies that have been told by the right wing media and the Tories. Do you know for example how many times Boris has lie to you? Every bloody time he opens his mouth. Really come on open your eyes people.

BTW hes not a Trotskyist nor a communist and the 60's and the 70's? Best time ever to be young, plenty of work good wages and proper working conditions. 1980's trouble with unions, borrowing out of control, war with Argentina, blackouts three day week and the EU. now that's Tory life for you!

Ooh look, its Farage,,, :rolleyes:

corbyn-press-cut-IRA.jpeg
He actually said "I'm happy to commemorate ALL who have died in the conflict in Northern Ireland" after that the Tories were Finally voted out and we got back some for of normality with Labour and it was Corbyn who brokered the idea of getting a peace agreement.

This crazy! He is not an old Idealistic fool, he is not an antisemitic, he did not support the IRA, he is incapable of telling a lie and he is the ONLY candidate who can save this country, the NHS and it's people from the grip of the USA.

It really does annoy me when people make assumptions on the lies that have been told by the right wing media and the Tories. Do you know for example how many times Boris has lie to you? Every bloody time he opens his mouth. Really come on open your eyes people.

BTW hes not a Trotskyist nor a communist and the 60's and the 70's? Best time ever to be young, plenty of work good wages and proper working conditions. 1980's trouble with unions, borrowing out of control, war with Argentina, blackouts three day week and the EU. now that's Tory life for you!
I'm sorry; 'he's incapable of lying'?
Classic.

Mistake with a lot of these arguments is suggesting that he's a) some sort of infalable Saint, and b) that by seeing him for what he is we must suddenly be right wing lovers.

Go and spend some time talking to the Jewish communities before you paint him as some sort of miss judged santa. If the behaviour of the heads of his party was targeted at any other community there would be outrage and he'd be at the front shouting about how shocking it is. Can you imagine how he'd react to another party being investigated like the Labour party now is.

If you cannot take on board many concerns from your own MPs and members, many of whom have left specifically due to his behaviour and belief's then I worry even more about the possibility of a Corbyn led government in power. The lack of ability to self assess and tackle issues within the party is staggering.

Left wing populism is as dangerous as right wing populism.

Your post?
There are times when some posts deserve a funny, but you daren’t use one in case of a warning. That post was one of them. I know Jesse is on Twitter, I thought he may have set up an account here as well :D

Your frustration is understandable.

However, personal opinions and like/dislike of personal political stance is something we all have to live with and maybe show a certain amount of respect for other peoples' opinions.

Name calling is not an argument and only indicates an attitude of entrenchment.

Agreed, and my post was somewhat borne of frustration. However, those opinions you mention are not opinions formed from any facts or even evidence, but from parroting the BS you get in the Times, Torygraph, Sun etc, and as such are not worthy of respect. There, I said it, those who come out with the old "he laid a wrath at the graves of jew-killers", "he hates the UK" are just silly.

Thank you.......

Best. Joke. Ever!

Someone get this man a comedy award!

Anyone but Corbyn and McDonnell at the helm and this far left Momentum movement and I would consider voting Labour once again . Conservatives under the Johnson , Mogg, Gove helm is everything I dislike about elitist politics and polititions . But I gave up upon 70s goverment in the 70s as was shit then and not welcome now in my time of life .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom