Why not stream the latest blockbuster movies now..

joner7777

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I see the cinemas will now be closing because the latest Bond film was held back.

What with so many now being able to stream all the Prime/Apple /netflix ect , why can`t they do as Mulan has on Disney and let us see the latest?

I for one am itching to see the Top Gun 2 release and the 007.

Put on a streaming service and charge me what a cinema would charge then maybe send a percentage to the cinema industry to keep them afloat until later.

We have all the kit in our homes to view all this in our covic bubbles , why waste it?

Because that will sign the death warrant for cinemas, so that post Covid those people who like to go to the cinema will no longer be able to do so. I think that home streaming of new content is on the way though, but I did read somewhere that Disney’s Mulan thing didn’t net them anywhere as much money as they were expecting.

Cinema viewing is a busted flush until Covid is sorted, one way or the other, but then so is new film making, along with TV content. Ultimately, for the studios it comes down to how long that they can manage without earning money from new releases. Cinemas are dependent on new releases and bums on seats. With nothing much in the pipeline studios can hold out, but not cinemas. My wife went with a friend to our local cinema yesterday to see the new Bill Murray film, which she thought was rubbish. Anyway, even with social distancing measures in place, there were only four people watching the film, including her. Our local cinema will close soon with those audience levels, so with cinemas gone, home streaming will become the default option. As for platform and the other bits necessary, who knows.

Disney have just announced that their new Pixar film, Soul, will go straight to Disney+ rather than cinemas. I read it was scheduled to be released Christmas Day. Assume it will be like Mulan and have to be paid for separately. Another nail in the coffin for cinemas?

Disney have just announced that their new Pixar film, Soul, will go straight to Disney+ rather than cinemas. I read it was scheduled to be released Christmas Day. Assume it will be like Mulan and have to be paid for separately.
Nope, it will be available as part of the standard subscription and not have a "Premier Access" additional charge like Mulan did.

I see the cinemas will now be closing because the latest Bond film was held back.

What with so many now being able to stream all the Prime/Apple /netflix ect , why can`t they do as Mulan has on Disney and let us see the latest?

I for one am itching to see the Top Gun 2 release and the 007.

Put on a streaming service and charge me what a cinema would charge then maybe send a percentage to the cinema industry to keep them afloat until later.

We have all the kit in our homes to view all this in our covic bubbles , why waste it?

These films will never earn the hundreds of millions/billions of dollars via streaming that they would at the cinema so its understandable why they want to hold them back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom