Question Will a Google Pixel 4 Pay Monthly from Vodafone be locked?

harry66

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been googling this - but just wanted to check - will my new Pixel 4 from Vodafone on a pay monthly contract be locked?
I would rather not open the box to check - googling seems to give mixed answers..
Anyone who can answer definitively - much appreciated.
Thanks!

Thanks - but I don't normally trust what Vodafone CS tells me - many of them are not particularly competent people based on past experience.

Almost certainly.. the mobile companies want to keep you as a customer so that when your contract runs out you would be more likely to sign up with them again. The easiest way to get an unlocked phone is to buy one outright (if funds permit) and go for a sim only contract. I picked up an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 refurbished off ebay about 18 months ago for £210 and use it on a sim only contract. A great phone and it was in almost immaculate condition.

Thanks - I normally purchase SIM Free.
This was in relation to a Vodafone upgrade phone which I would prefer to sell New Sealed rather and New Opened but unused...
I know O2, for example, sell all their Monthly phones unlocked - likewise, I have had CPW monthly phones arrived unlocked too.

FYI for others in the same boat / similar situation.
You can check if a particular brand of phone is locked by Vodafone by selecting the brand on the following page:
How to use your Network Unlock Code - when I select Google it says the phone is already unlocked!
Yay!
This was also confirmed by a Vodafone CS person - who seemed to know what they were talking about - for a change!

Yep - thanks. I got the confirmation from two different sources at Vodafone - so must be true.
I sold the phone the other day as unlocked - so no doubt will hear back if it is not!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom