Will you be heading back to the pub anytime soon?

Are you going to the pub?

• Yes, as soon as I can

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • No, I'm not a frequent pub goer

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • No, I'm not taking the risk, yet

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
People have broken the rules last month, going to the pubs within the rules?

If people want to pop out for a few sherberts then fair play.

If people want to do it, I have no issue with that. All I said was we'll find out whether Tim Martin is correct in a few weeks time.

That's the forum Leftie's for you. :boring:

I use Spoons as refered to, a lot in St.Pancras station London, The Barrell Vault it's called I believe, cracking pub, clean and always jam packed.

Not really sure what the spread of a virus has to do with being Left or Right of politics?
I'd have thought basic common sense would be enough to tell you that not going to a pubis a sensible thing to do at the mo? Politics has nowt to do with it.

Not really sure what the spread of a virus has to do with being Left or Right of politics?
I'd have thought basic common sense would be enough to tell you that not going to a pubis a sensible thing to do at the mo? Politics has nowt to do with it.

Your right, but people are doing nothing wrong by going to the pub. You try telling a 20 year old who's been locked up for 3 months he can't go out for a beer now pubs arer open..... :facepalm:

The most important part people missed was

Mr Farage said: “I have been back 14 days. But, more importantly I have tested. That test said I do not have any signs of the virus at all.”

Haven't people got better things to do now days apart from wanting to see people lose there jobs etc as they have a different opinion? This country is fudgeed . So much hate.
People didn't miss that - the legislation requires 14 full days - and if he was in the USA on the evening of the 20 June (21 Jun our time), then he hasn't isolated for 14 full days.

Genuine question, how many of our 'spoons snobs have actually been in one? :devil:

Yup , the one in town is a bit of a dive to be sure .

People didn't miss that - the legislation which requires 14 full days - and if he was in the USA on the evening of the 20 June (21 Jun our time), then he hasn't isolated for 14 full days.

We'll see what happens now then ,won't we? I'd of thought people would have bigger issues to worry about. Ed Davey is a complete embarasment in my book, the age of lets all stitch on everyone, Sure the police have better things to do. :thumbsup:

Anyway, spoons is a rocking.

Editted it just for you, but reading these forums you can see the same old same old people using scum and bashing the likes Tim Martin..... :thumbsup:

You seem to very upset by any slander of the Spoons!

Does Tim pay you by the post to admonish anyone who besmirches his good name?

Or is it drinks vouchers for a free pint of warm Carling? ;)

You seem to very upset by any slander of the Spoons!

Does Tim pay you by the post to admonish anyone who besmirches his good name?

Or is it drinks vouchers for a free pint of warm Carling? ;)

Both, slander of Spoons? I drink mainly in one as said. Have a ready back. 👍 The one in Ryde on IOW is possibly the biggest dump
I’ve ever been in, like someone said good and bad I’m sure.
He’s obviously doing a quality job rubbing certain people of the UK up the wrong way. People calling for people not to drink in spoons in the thread. 😂

Editted it just for you, but reading these forums you can see the same old same old people using scum and bashing the likes Tim Martin..... :thumbsup:

Tim Martin deserves bashing, disgusting man.

Spoons has the rep it does for a reason, cheap beer always attracts the same crowds, old men with gravy stains on their holy jumpers and betting slips hanging out their left pocket, and a packet of Drum in their right. Old lasses caked in makeup that smell like the bottom of a fish tank. Usually a crazy old dude sat in the corner that yells at everyone as they come in, he's smiling, looks friendly, nobody can tell a word he's shouting but it's full of swearing and usually ends with a AYEEEE? before he blows bogies all over his Daily Star. Poor Fred wondering where Daves gone who left for the toilet 6 years ago and hasn't been seen since, he's probably situated with all the other brave souls who ventured for the loo and never made it, seriously, needing a wee in that place is like a Pilgrimage. The group of chavs in the corner pretending their cool with their CeX bags on their backs. Oh lets not forget the daily shoplifter who calls in every day at 11am to sell cheap Dove hand cream, a random electric toothbrush or some manky chicken fillets.

I'm not stereotyping, go visit Spoons tomorrow, you'll see all the above.

I used to drink in the Knight's Templar when I lived in Bristol and the Counting House when I was a student in Glasgow. Since then, my tastes have changed and I look for a pub where my feet don't stick to the floor (I'm looking at you, Commercial Rooms in Bristol), where I can get a decent meal and where they know how to look after their ale properly.

If people want a cheap meal and a pint, there's a market for that, I prefer the more old fashioned country pub now.

In their defence, they used to do a good cooked breakfast :smashin:

Tim Martin deserves bashing, disgusting man.

Spoons has the rep it does for a reason, cheap beer always attracts the same crowds, old men with gravy stains on their holy jumpers and betting slips hanging out their left pocket, and a packet of Drum in their right. Old lasses caked in makeup that smell like the bottom of a fish tank. Usually a crazy old dude sat in the corner that yells at everyone as they come in, he's smiling, looks friendly, nobody can tell a word he's shouting but it's full of swearing and usually ends with a AYEEEE? before he blows bogies all over his Daily Star. Poor Fred wondering where Daves gone who left for the toilet 6 years ago and hasn't been seen since, he's probably situated with all the other brave souls who ventured for the loo and never made it, seriously, needing a wee in that place is like a Pilgrimage. The group of chavs in the corner pretending their cool with their CeX bags on their backs. Oh lets not forget the daily shoplifter who calls in every day at 11am to sell cheap Dove hand cream, a random electric toothbrush or some manky chicken fillets.

I'm not stereotyping, go visit Spoons tomorrow, you'll see all the above.

Sounds like your fit just right in. 😂

Unbelievable that if some people choosing to drink in a cheap pub , it winds you up so much. 😂

personally I think it’s you that may have issues. 👍
Hope everyone Who ventured out today enjoyed a good beer and had a fantastic time. The land lords around England will be thankful for your attendance 😂
Good night 👋

We'll see what happens now then ,won't we? I'd of thought people would have bigger issues to worry about. Ed Davey is a complete embarasment in my book, the age of lets all stitch on everyone, Sure the police have better things to do. :thumbsup:

Yup. Pathetic little man he is. A shame on our nation that a leader of a party (albeit one as irrelevant as the Lib Dems) can stoop to such embarrassing lows.

Trying to drag the police into such matters:rolleyes::facepalm:.

Yup. Pathetic little man he is. A shame on our nation that a leader of a party (albeit one as irrelevant as the Lib Dems) can stoop to such embarrassing lows.

Trying to drag the police into such matters:rolleyes::facepalm:.

so has Nigel been back the 336 hours I believe it works out to? He seems to think he has and has also been tested . Your right , the police have nothing to do at the moment so this must go top of there list. 👍

Sounds like your fit just right in. 😂

Unbelievable that if some people choosing to drink in a cheap pub , it winds you up so much. 😂

personally I think it’s you that may have issues. 👍
Hope everyone Who ventured out today enjoyed a good beer and had a fantastic time. The land lords around England will be thankful for your attendance 😂
Good night 👋

Not at all, I avoid at all costs, for reasons listed, for those that want to go, off they pop, that's their choice.

If scenes like this across the country cause another lock down, they'll soon be complaining. Especially when there's no more money left for furlough schemes.
Yup, thankfully the weather hasn’t been great or I imagine things would’ve been much worse.

Never before has such accuracy been denoted with such eloquence :D

Last edited:
Genuine question, how many of our 'spoons snobs have actually been in one? :devil:

Been in a few around the country and was invited to the opening night of a local and cannot believe my good luck when I found that all of those visited were shit.

We now avoid them like a park full of sneezing people, but would consider one if I ever became an alcoholic and wanted a vodka with my breakfast at 08:30 in the morning.

You only go in the Spoons for one of two reason's -

1.) You need a piss
2.) You're too pissed already to know it's actually a Spoons

:devil:

Then when informed the toilet is up 72 flights of stairs and over that distant mountain range, you don't bother :D

Like with any business there are good ones, bad ones, better ones etc. My first experience was in Telford, I was really hungry, but the food was seriously bad. Tasted as it came out of a microwave. But for a quick pint, they are no different than many other places in the UK. Beer too warm, glasses used for other beverages, etc. Just a typical British pub/café experience. Very few places get it right.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom