Windows 10 Virus & Threat Protection.

Sinialtstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all Just a quick heads up
I did a Windows update this morning, and it seems to have stopped the V&TP Service, Clicking restart now does not do anything.
A quick Google for this issue on the latest results, other users seem to have the same issue after the latest update. So I await a fix from MS for this.
Thank you

WVTP.JPG
WVTP2.JPG

Edit: another check for updates, and another one downloaded and it has resolved it temporarily, however for me it reverted back again.

Thank you

I too, like many others, have this issue.

I've just managed to manually download the latest update (I was unable to access updates as it simply said the 'service had stopped'.

I now have Security Intelligence Version; 1.313.1721.0.

I hope this fixes the issue broken by Microsoft.

Hmmm...no, the latest update did not fix.

It says no problems but I am unable to scan and it says latest Protection Update Failed.

Hi all Just a quick heads up
I did a Windows update this morning, and it seems to have stopped the V&TP Service, Clicking restart now does not do anything.
A quick Google for this issue on the latest results, other users seem to have the same issue after the latest update. So I await a fix from MS for this.
Thank you

View attachment 1282887View attachment 1282889

Virus & threat protection in Windows Security helps you scan for threats on your device. You can also run different types of scans, see the results of your previous virus and threat scans, and get the latest protection offered by Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

See any threats currently on your device.

See the last time a scan was run on your device, how long it took, and how many files were scanned.

Start a new scan.

See threats that have been quarantined before they can affect you.

See anything identified as a threat that you have allowed to run on your device.

Regards,
Rick Bale

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom