Wireless future-oriented solution with AVR or soundbar

abrasat

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am planning to buy a LG OLED 55C9 TV and I am thinking about upgrading also my actual AVR Marantz system (have 5.1 speakers connected to it).
My actual devices are a BlueRay Player and a satellite receiver, and I also will use the capabilities of the LG Smart TV (Netflix, Amazon Prime).

The LG OLED TV supports eARC and also Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. With which system would I get these features? I actually look for a wireless solution (either with receiver or soundbar), with as few compromisses as it possibly gets. I am of course ready to waive my wired 5.1 speakers, new wireless subwoofer or rear speakers would be ok if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Most of today's receivers are also e-ARC enabled which will give a much more stable connection. With such a receiver you will get Dolby Atmos and DTS:X from the TV's apps that support those formats. I would stick with a receiver and a full 5.1 or 5.1.2 as a minimum for Atmos. Soundbars can cannot, nor ever will, sound as good as correctly placed speakers.

Room/System - what do you currently have and how optimised is the loudspeaker layout?

' I actually look for a wireless solution' - assuming your Room and Room layout are suitable a 'soundbar' is the only really 'wireless' solution if you mean wireless surround and immersive loudspeaker channels.

'with as few compromisses as it possibly gets' - not sure I could put up with many/any compromises :)

Joe

I currently have a Marantz 5008 with 5.1 Scansonic speakers. I guess that a new AV receiver could be the start for a wireless solution.

'wireless solution' - usually require 'wires' :)

The best you can hope for is an AVR + multi-channel wireless sender unit + multiple Active speakers (with a mains socket close by) with Wireless receiver unit! Pretty much pie in the sky in terms of a traditional AMP + multiple Speaker system, the promise has been around for ages but nothing really has delivered on the promise if you want Surround and or Immersive audio.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom