Question Wireless Noise-Cancelling Upgrade - Sony WH-1000 vs B&W PX vs M4U 8 vs Other?

tcklim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

Am in the market for a wireless set I can use at the office (pair with laptop) and for travel (pair with iPhone). My current set is a PSB M4U 2 - love the sound, but suffered from the build quality (already cracked) and the comfort wasn't the best. I thought I had narrowed down my selection to the phones below, and tried some out but it was hard to get a good feel at the store.

Budget is up to $400, stretched to $500 if it really makes a difference

- Sony WH-1000XM2: Very comfortable, but sound was not as detailed as current set. Did not try EQ settings. Concerned about cracking issues as I have a larger cranium and my PSB's cracked.

- B&W PX

: Seemed more detailed than the Sony's, but less comfortable. Hoping they would become more comfortable over time.

- PSB M4U 8

: Not on sale in store anywhere, have to order online. Assuming they would be close to my current setup but hopefully better build quality

- Other?

: Am now reading about the PXC, HD 4.4, Audeze Mobius - are there any other cans I'm missing that may be a better fit than the above?

Thanks!

Can't help with the decision other than to say I love my PX. They do get more comfortable over time as you mentioned and respond well to a good run in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom