1planter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick question.....

I am not as up with all of the new technologies as I maybe should be.

I currently have a Denon 4400 running an SVS Sub, Surround Speakers and 3 kef ls50 as soundstage.

I have the option of getting some Kef LS50 wireless speakers through a local store at a discounted price. But before getting into conversation with the store, I wanted some unbiased opinions.

Can wireless speakers like the Kef LS50 (wireless), work in a surround setup and does the wireless capability add or remove any benefits over my existing package.

I appreciate they are better than my current satellites, but Im more curious as to whether being wireless hinders there use and are they only really meant for a hifi style setup.

Thanks in advance

My understanding of these speakers is that they will not work as you imagine them to. If you think of them as a separate amp with speakers built in, thus you have a bi-amp option which will require a long RCA connection from a pre-out on the amp

The two speakers also require a cable between them looking at the manual meaning that you will have a total of 4 cables if you was going to use these speakers. One to interconnect the two speakers, one from the Denon to the main speaker/amp and then two mains cables to power each speaker.

Now you maybe able to do away with a long RCA interconnect by using Monitor Audio's WT-1/WR-1 but this would still not technically give you a wireless option although would technically work correct pre-outs just like when using another RCA interconnect.

As you can see, in order to get these to work, its starting to get a little messy with more and more cables to connect them to the amp. Because of this, my suggestion would be to look at a traditional passive speaker with discrete speaker cabling like QED Micro

Exactly what I was looking for and makes perfect sense .

I love my current set up but just couldn't get my head around this and whether it would be beneficial or even work.

Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom