Witcher 3

This is one of the games I started and never finished, this is definitely welcome news and I'll start it afresh as and when we source a PS5..

Seems it would be a good time to keep an eye out for Witcher 3 to go on sale on PSN.......or disc if you like that kind of thing.

Can you jump in to the 3rd without having played the first 2? I watched the Netflix series and really enjoyed it, but have never played the games. Assuming there is no difference bar packaging between the original W3 and game of the year version ?
Can get it on eBay for £3-4, might take a punt.

Can you jump in to the 3rd without having played the first 2? I watched the Netflix series and really enjoyed it, but have never played the games. Assuming there is no difference bar packaging between the original W3 and game of the year version ?

Yes, it works fine as a stand alone. They’re good about filling in the back story.

Happy to hear this. I've never finished Witcher 3 despite starting it a few times, I've always ended up getting side tracked by something else and never gone back to it. I actually downloaded it again last weekend and had planned on starting another new game and finishing it this time before the PS5 came out, but with this news I will hold off and play it on the new console.

pfft let's wait for the Skyrim Mega Edition with added arrows and knees.

whilst they do fill some plot points in there is still plenty of references to the previous games for characters, places etc that you won't understand having not played the previous games but it's not game-breaking or anything you can get by just fine.

Game of the year edition has the two expansions that the original does not.

That’s great news, I’ll play through again for sure (as I did get the worst ending :( first time).

What I can’t figure out is why even release a next gen version as I assume the PS5/XSX version is going to be expensive? Who is going to buy that version, when you can pick up the PS4/XBO version for under a tenner and get a free upgrade?

It would be amazing if they tightened up the combat controls a little, that’s the only niggle I had with this game.

That’s great news, I’ll play through again for sure (as I did get the worst ending :( first time).

What I can’t figure out is why even release a next gen version as I assume the PS5/XSX version is going to be expensive? Who is going to buy that version, when you can pick up the PS4/XBO version for under a tenner and get a free upgrade?

I guess it depends on how long they offer the upgrade for, when it was PS3 to PS4 it was only for 4 months from launch, things are a little different this time with some upgrades not coming until sometime in 2021 as with Cyberpunk but even then I can't see them offering them indefinitely I would say a year at most, so I guess the next-gen versions are for those that get the PS5/series X after upgrades have stopped being offered.

I'm sure it was a tenner or so a few weeks ago. No chance of that now!

It would be amazing if they tightened up the combat controls a little, that’s the only niggle I had with this game.
To be fair, when I started this at release I hated the controls (had just finished Bloodborne) so sold it.
Rebought it a couple of years later cheap and it sat unplayed until Xmas time and I restarted and the combat seemed lots better due to all the patches that have been released since launch.

Great fun this time around, but still didn't finish it again as other games got in the way again. Sooo, like others have said, I'll 100% try to complete it on ps5 with extra bells and whistles :D

Hopefully the devs will add an option for a dynamic hud on next gen consoles, similar to the friendly HUD mod the PC version has.

I'm sure it was a tenner or so a few weeks ago. No chance of that now!
I payed about £12 or there about for the game of the year digital version the other week.
It’s back up to £34.99 again

I payed about £12 or there about for the game of the year digital version the other week.
It’s back up to £34.99 again
I know, I almost bought it! Bugger

Only game I ever platinumed, so I probably won't be diving back in. Great to hear that it will be getting a next gen upgrade, though. First CDPR gave away an extra PC copy to all current owners, and now this - they are spoiling us. :)

GOTY Edition now £10.49 on PSN Store.
Not sure whether to buy this again. I had the Disk version with some DLC and never finished it, though did play a long way through and it is a great game. Certainly not interested in playing on PS4, but as this gets a free PS5 upgrade at some point it is a bit tempting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom