Wolfenstein: Young Blood (X1) (2019)

Definitely!
I mean, where/when do they set Wolfenstein 3?
Young Blood is obviously the equivalent of The Old Blood in its basically a stand alone DLC game.
Still, it’s on my list.

Thought I may as well post in here.

Bucking the current Red Dead trend**, I started playing The New Colossus last night. I've had it for ages and started it already, but couldn't remember what had happened, so I started it again.

It's cracking stuff. One of the best set of FPS games around is the Wolfenstein franchise. I just wish they'd done a MP, I think it would be better than COD if I'm honest. The first level where you're in a wheelchair is just brilliant :laugh:

**nah, I'm really just trying to clear some of the pile of shame before I start Red Dead :D

The New Colossus is brutal even on easy, enemies are so hard to kill.

I may well come to regret starting then on the 2nd hardest available. I did think a few of the no mark guys were surviving a fair few gunshots!! :laugh:

Finally boxed the New Colossus off earlier.

All I can say is what a game. Bloody loved it! There's nothing better than shooting Nazi's, but this is the ultimate in that category :D Every level was excellent, and the story was epic too - with it's fair share of controversial moments! :eek:

It's a shame in a world where most people are only interested in COD or BF for FPS, a lesser gem like this gets overlooked. From recent years it is easily the best FPS campaign I've played - alongside Titanfall 2.

Highly recommend it folks, and I'm sure it's easily obtainable now for just a few quid :thumbsup:

it's a good game but even on easy it can be tough against the harder enemies, i won't even try to beat the game on the hardest difficulty as you only have 1 life, die and it's right back to the start of the game and not the level which is ridiculous and huge numbers have complained about that.

Yeah that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. According to the cheevo though a few people have managed it. I'd need to see it with my own eyes though to believe that!

I played it on the difficulty 2 steps down from that. Only a couple of bits held me up - there's more than enough powerful weaponry available to see the heavy guys off. Even the final two baddies only took me a few attempts. I just ended up sticking them with about 20 grenades each and blowing them up.

Finally boxed the New Colossus off earlier.

All I can say is what a game. Bloody loved it! There's nothing better than shooting Nazi's, but this is the ultimate in that category :D Every level was excellent, and the story was epic too - with it's fair share of controversial moments! :eek:

It's a shame in a world where most people are only interested in COD or BF for FPS, a lesser gem like this gets overlooked. From recent years it is easily the best FPS campaign I've played - alongside Titanfall 2.

Highly recommend it folks, and I'm sure it's easily obtainable now for just a few quid :thumbsup:

Lesser? Really?
Comparing Wolfenstein to CoD or BF is like comparing apples and oranges.
CoD, at least, has had weak campaigns for a few years now and is mostly MP focused.
Wolfenstein is a strictly single player game, which the devs have actually put real time into creating a compelling story.

Lesser? Really?
Comparing Wolfenstein to CoD or BF is like comparing apples and oranges.
CoD, at least, has had weak campaigns for a few years now and is mostly MP focused.
Wolfenstein is a strictly single player game, which the devs have actually put real time into creating a compelling story.

Not really, both are FPS games that employ pretty much the same mechanics. Except Wolfenstein does it much better.

Wolfenstein just garners less attention than the likes of COD because of it's lack of MP. But it shouldn't. Deserves to be played by many more than I imagine actually end up giving it a go. I'd take it over every COD since WAW. As an FPS experience.

You just worded it like it was a lesser game compared to the likes of CoD.
It received less attention from a wider audience, sure, which is a damn shame. But I'd never consider using the word "lesser" in any regards towards all 3 of the newer Wolfenstein games.

fudge sakes!
Now I want to play through all 3, but I've planned on playing through Alien Isolation and Resident Evil 7 again, after I finish Red Dead Redemption 2.

I've got 4 weeks before Xmas, so I'm sure I can squeeze all 5 of those in before I get AC Odyssey...

Most certainly. Wolfenstein games are the pinnacle of FPS!! Epic every time.

If you haven't already played through Alien Isolation, that is an absolute must. One of the best games I've ever played. Unfortunately the ending isn't great, but don't let that put you off. The journey is more than adequate. Some real tense moments, and a game you really have to think about.

I've played it a couple of times already.
Got it at launch. The Ripley edition to be precise, so I've got Crew Expendable and Last Survivor.
I'm seriously in the mood for some "scary" games at the moment.
Hopefully the the performance in better on the X than it was on the OG X1.

Same goes for The New Order and Old Blood.

I'm seriously in the mood for some "scary" games at the moment.

i believe the games outlast 1 and 2 are really scary.

as are resident evil biohazard, and layers of fear.

not my type of genre though.

Played Outlast and I’ve got Outlast 2 but haven’t started it yet.
Played Layers of Fear as it was free last year.

Threads merged. :)

I'm sure I'll get this but I've still got the last 2 to play.

I've yet to get around to this, but from what I'm seeing online it's getting ripped to pieces.

Angry Joe tore into it, saying it damages the series as it does nothing new.
Calling it a bland copy and paste of assets with no gameplay innovations, and also saying the controls/gunplay feels worse than the previous games.

Played the opening mission and the next a few hours ago and it’s alright, the controls do feel a bit off but every FPS seems to be different so always takes me awhile to adjust but once I have it’s fine.

Obviously their main intent is for you to play it with a friend (mine came with a code that allows you to co-op with someone that doesn’t own the game which is something I hope more studios introduce) but I am getting on ok with the AI, they don’t just stand there and die or get stuck in your path so at least it has that going for it plus you get to kill nazi’s and who doesn’t love that lol

If they had released this at £50 then it would have been dead in the water but at £25 as a stand-alone experience that reuses assets from the previous game (cough “Far Cry New Dawn” cough) then I think it’s worth the money and releasing it now is a wise move as we are currently in the summer lull but I am sure in no time at all it will drop to the sub £10 category and quietly disappear.

I finished this a couple of days ago and it was meh, I originally gave it a 4/10 and I will stick to that. It's definitely better with a human co-op player even if it's a random. I loved the multi level design taken from the Dishonoured games as it gives you some great tactical options. I hated having to collect coins to upgrade your weapons though, it just didn't feel right after some intense gun fights.

I also bought the version with the buddy pass which allowed a few others to try it who didn't buy the game, this should be a new standard in all co-op/multiplayer games in my opinion.

This game will fall in price rapidly and will probably hit Gamepass quickly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom