Women/Girls & Men/ Boy's With Mobile Phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More and more I am seeing mainly women and girls permanently on their mobile phones..................what the **** are they talking about (probably calling each other I know).
I watched three friends tonight walking along side each other................all texting, I mean WTF is the world coming to, I am more and more convinced this is honestly a genuine addiction????????

1436470632769.jpg

Perhaps it's because they are on some sort of social media.

Says a man who's made 11533 posts :).

Sorry but I am not walking around with my PC stuck to my ear or typing while I am walking. I know the art of conversation, also how many posts over how many years...........I don't see your point????????

I am guessing your one of the addicts

Maybe it's because they are perhaps the most awesome piece of consumer technology that has ever existed?

Maybe it's because they are perhaps the most awesome piece of consumer technology that has ever existed?
Your kidding................right.

So you are saying these young ladies texting and in their own little world, with their kids running riot while they are texting is awesome tech???????

Sorry but I am not walking around with my PC stuck to my ear or typing while I am walking. I know the art of conversation, also how many posts over how many years...........I don't see your point????????

I am guessing your one of the addicts
You guess angrily and guess very wrong.

So whats your point?

You made a point of my post count, I am asking what that has to do with the question???

Your kidding................right.

Well it would have been a struggle to carry around all their capabilities a couple of decades ago:

years.jpg

and that doesn't even include instant messaging/global positioning/global multi-way video conversations, bringing up any song/video/photo or fact you can imagine anywhere - a window on the universe. And an alarm clock. In your pocket.

I guess there could be more amazing technological things you can buy on the high street, but they must be up there.

I am questioning the usage and apparent addiction that mainly women, girls have to mobile phones.?

Perhaps you could argue that they ARE practicing the art of conversation, and more frequently than you or I might.

I don't like hearing public telephone conversations on the train / bus, so texting is fine with me.

The modern smart phone has become almost an essential item, in much the same way that the television became a few decades ago.
At least the smartphone is a 2-way communication device.

Perhaps you could argue that they ARE practicing the art of conversation, and more frequently than you or I might.

I don't like hearing public telephone conversations on the train / bus, so texting is fine with me.

The modern smart phone has become almost an essential item, in much the same way that the television became a few decades ago.
At least the smartphone is a 2-way communication device.

At what cost...............oblivion to the world around them?

I am questioning the usage and apparent addiction that mainly women, girls have to mobile phones.?

The usage - they are communicating. When I was a kid my mum was on the phone all the time - still is a lot. It just doesn't have a wire anymore.

I knew a guy who read a book while walking to work. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, someone in this thread needs some TLC.

By the power of smart phones... :love:

Aren't they amazing!

Come on mate, we have all seen girls/women totally oblivious to what is going on around them.

I thought I would get this reaction on here....................even seen some taking pictures of their lunch the other day on their phones. What an exciting life.

I hope in years to come it will be treated in much the same way as smoking...........anti social and a nasty habit.

Come on mate, we have all seen girls/women totally oblivious to what is going on around them.

While at the same time forging a deeper connection with friends unseen.

I thought I would get this reaction on here....................even seen some taking pictures of their lunch the other day on their phones. What an exciting life.
A few years back i went to a cafe once and had a fried egg in the shape of a heart, i thought the staff were trying to tell me something so i took a picture of it with my cell phone, i was later told that was how they do their fried eggs, well you can imagine the dis-appointment i felt.

That is something I agree with I guess.

But as a child of the cassette walkman era, I recall the then 'grownups' passing similar comment to the mass of 'zombies' marching about the streets. That was over 30 years ago.
Have things really changed that much or have some of us just grown a little grumpy with age?

Again at what cost............and you realy think that?

That is something I agree with I guess.

But as a child of the cassette walkman era, I recall the then 'grownups' passing similar comment to the mass of 'zombies' marching about the streets.

I am sure it was no where near as bad as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom