People, what's wrong with their wiring?

mjn

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Its been raining here for about 3 weeks, the same as lot of people i imagine, however, the girlfriend has just come out with a classic.

Just told our daughter, "its not wet enough for wellies!"

I was lost for words, and so was our 5 year old daughter, she burst into tears.

I can understand her tears as we tell her if its raining outside, and there are puddles, she needs to wear her wellies.

I'll never understand the female brain :confused:

Maybe it's not that wet rain that soaks you through...

Took you 5 years to realise that? :D

Well, every time i think i've made progress, they go and do or say something so puzzling, i have to re-think my ideas.

Such as the woman this week, who tried to drive her car through a flooded road, the water got to the top of her front tyre, before declaring she needed rescuing, and coming out with the gem, "i though i was going to die"

Its was barely 2 foot of water, and i seriously doubt she going to die!

mjn said:
Well, every time i think i've made progress, they go and do or say something so puzzling, i have to re-think my ideas.

Such as the woman this week, who tried to drive her car through a flooded road, the water got to the top of her front tyre, before declaring she needed rescuing, and coming out with the gem, "i though i was going to die"

Its was barely 2 foot of water, and i seriously doubt she going to die!

Just aswell the fire brigade and police weren't called. They May have left her to drown in the 2 foot puddle as they may risk there own lives cos they ain't trained.

As per that famous thread about the following article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...n-3ft-deep-lake-as-man-floated-face-down.html

Last edited:
These always make me laugh:

teach-literally-confession-ecard-someecards.jpg

girls-night-out-hpnotiq-ecards-someecards.png

Being a woman myself I think I've got a pretty good idea of how we work, but even I'm baffled by this one.
If the ground is wet, it wet enough for wellies in my opinion. My nieces love wearing their wellies, but they see it as a 'how much water can we get into them' challenge which defies the point of actually wearing them. :facepalm:

Women; is there something wrong with their wiring?

short answer?
yes.

Long answer?
Without question.

But then as much as we'll never understand women-things, they'll never understand our man-things.

Like the old saying goes. two completely different planets.

I'm sure there's a lot of science to it and it's to do with areas of the brain that are more active than others and how it varies between the sexes, but at the end of the day women are f**king insane.

To keep it simple, men are more logical and women more emotional. That is why I think in general men tend to be more consistent with their decisions whilst women change depending on how they feel at the time. And yes, I'm aware that is a huge generalisation.

Neither is right or wrong and both have their strengths and weaknesses....but they are very different.

Most definitely they are not wired up correctly.

Men say, "Would you like to go out for a meal?"

A woman would say, "I haven't got any steak (or pasta or 'enough salad', etc, etc) in the house" - or maybe something similar. This thus invites the man (if he really loves her) to say, "Would you like to go out for a meal then?"

Of course, if he doesn't say as such, then she infers that he can't really love her. This means to the woman that, if they do stay in then 'sex is completely out of the question', anyway. Now an experienced man will immediately recognise this situation before it even happens, take his lady in his arms in the kitchen, tell her she looks utterly ravishingly gorgeous, and follow it up with, "Grrrrrrrr! I'm going to eat you then. Come here!"

Thus there is no need to go out and spend extravagant amounts of money anyway. And any man can live on bread alone.

Of course afterwards, after putting straight the kitchen table, a visit to the supermarket may well be required.

:)

I seriously believe most women have a screw loose, the way they think and their logic beggars belief sometimes.

Sorry but you've overworded your sentence, remove the word "most" and "sometimes" :D

To keep it simple, men are more logical and women more emotional.

women are sometimes emotional, men are always emotional which is why they don't notice it. :D

They are deinitely not right.
A fell ain work brought out an old joke "What do you call a fish with no eyes"
Cue the girl opposite me piping up "I know! a No-eye-deer"

Watching the 10m diving final on Sunday, and they're talking about how he performed in Beijing 2008. Tom Daley is diving and then i have the conversation with the GF;

GF: How old is Tom Daley
Me: 18
GF: Wow, i wonder how old he was in the last Olympics, he must have been really young!
Me: ........erm.......14

However, not her only piece of genius that weekend. Watching the mens 4 x 100m relay final, and there was a closeup of Usain Bolt. Now before i go any further, my GF has watched plenty of the games and knows the well known athletes and where they come from.

GF: I though that was Usain Bolt
Me: It was
GF: So why does it say "JAM" on his name card on his shirt?
Me: Erm, becuase its the Jamaican team running...............you see that fella next to him, thats Yohan Blake.

mjn, that's because many women have an uncontrollable urge to talk (which can be very annoying if you're trying to watch a film together!). Compare and contrast these two internal dialogues:

MAN'S MOUTH: I'm bored, I want to do something
MAN'S BRAIN: I don't have anything to say
MAN'S MOUTH: OK, let's have a beer then!

WOMAN'S MOUTH: I'm bored, I want to do something
WOMAN'S BRAIN: I got nothing
WOMAN'S MOUTH: OK, I'll say something anyway!

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, mind...

The inability to load the dishwasher.

Forgetting that my mind reading skills have lapsed

Yes, I really do hate Butlins.

Yes I am pretending to enjoy myself.

The beat goes on and on....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom