Question Would my Samsung 82" NU8000 LED TV benefit from a Lumagen scaler?

kenlong69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am looking into a Lumagen RadiancePro scaler for my home cinema. I have a Samsung LED model NU8000 , and use 3 digital video sources (all 4K); Xbox One, Nvidia Shield and UHD Blu Ray player.

I am wondering if I would notice a big difference in the picture quality, if I used an external scaler, instead of using the built in ones; either the TV or the NVIDIA shield/xbox etc. Or are there better value scalers out there?

I watch 4K content 50% of the time and lower resolution TV shows 50% of the time.

I'm not sure if that is enough information to provide at least a cursory answer.

Thx!!

Any thoughts at all? :)
Or maybe this isn't the best forum section for this question?

Scalers really are pretty good on modern flat screen panels. I cannot comment specifically on the RadiancePro or the Samsung NU8000, but I can’t see any perceivable benefit between the scaling on my Oppo 203, Denon AVR and the native scaling on my TVs or JVC projector. If I were in your shoes, I’d be spending the money elsewhere.

Regards,
James.

Many thanks James, I appreciate the info. At the price of these scalers, I will deffo invest my money elsewhere.
Cheers!

Best asking in the dedicated thread

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom