WRC 2020 coverage

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay - why has the coverage on Red Bull TV changed this season?

The two highlights programmes we've watched so far (Friday/Saturday) are now only 15 minutes (ish) long and possibly worse than that they've added music over the top of the stage footage, which itself now only makes up a few minutes of the programme.

Not happy! :(

Nasty looking "incident" on Friday, which I won't reveal here in case anybody is going to watch later.

Okay - why has the coverage on Red Bull TV changed this season?

The two highlights programmes we've watched so far (Friday/Saturday) are now only 15 minutes (ish) long and possibly worse than that they've added music over the top of the stage footage, which itself now only makes up a few minutes of the programme.

Not happy! :(

Nasty looking "incident" on Friday, which I won't reveal here in case anybody is going to watch later.

ITV4 have an hour long highlights programme on at 20:00 on Tuesday, hopefully that will be better :lesson:

Yeah, might have to give the ITV4 offering a whirl. We don't have BT Sport so that's not an option, and we're certainly not stumping up for the WRC All Live subscription!

Shame really, as after years of the slowly worsening C4 broadcasts (which included dross such as "celebrities at the rally") the RB highlights, until last year, were pretty good.

WRC is still a great watch albeit highlights only now on ITV4 (HD). Try and catch the Monte round just to remind you how dangerous it still is.

Recorded the ITV4 highlights programme (although no HD option for us). Had a quick skim, as we'd already watched the coverage on RB, and mercifully seemed to have no music over the stage footage. Might be the way to watch next time, but a slight shame as Mike Chen is a decent presenter on RB so will miss that.

If you're meaning the same incident I alluded to previously then that's also a good advert for the engineering/design behind modern rollcages!

Just watched the ITV4 coverage of WRC Sweden - much better than the RB presentation we saw for Monte Carlo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom