Wyrestorm 6x6 HDMI Matrix 4K HDMI

StupFD

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for assistance troubleshooting an intermittent but ongoing video issue. I have a central media cabinet with a Wyrestorm 6x6 HDMI (HDMI version and not HDBaseT) with 2 TV's connected. TV 1 is a 27" 1080p Samsung connected with a 50 Foot Fiber Optic going directly from the matrix into the TV which does not go to a wall plate or connector. TV 2 is a Samsung 55" 4K connected via an Audio Control AVR-9 4K AV Receiver. Everything was running well for the first 4 months and then TV 2 starting blacking out randomly and occasionally it shows the Samsung message"No Signal". Sometimes everything works for days without issue and other times it cuts out multiple times within a few hours. It sometimes seems to restore itself fine and other times I have to try different combinations of turning the TV's, receiver and HDMI on and off to get the signal back. The matrix does not have auto downsampling and I am wondering if this might be the issue? Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of issue.

Which Source devices are connected to the Matrix?

Have you tried bypassing the Matrix to ensure the Source > AVR > TV2 is a stable connection using whatever cabling you normally use when the Matrix is in the system.

Joe

PS Ensure FW is up to date on all devices.

Which Source devices are connected to the Matrix?

Have you tried bypassing the Matrix to ensure the Source > AVR > TV2 is a stable connection using whatever cabling you normally use when the Matrix is in the system.

Joe

PS Ensure FW is up to date on all devices.
Hi Joe and thanks for your response. The whole problem has been slowly progressing but so intermittent that it has been hard to figure out as I couldn't get it to replicate during testing. After trying a few things yesterday with wiring, the video signal was lost and would not come back on. It appears the 60' Fibre Optic HDMI that runs to the TV is damaged. Fortunately there is flexible conduit from the AV cabinet to the TV and I'm thinking of switching to HDBaseT rather than risking pulling Fibre again.

Conduit is a great option :)

HDBT will use some form of compression - you have to decide if it degrades the image in any way in your system, I suspect it will be fine if you stick with a decent brand of Extender.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom