Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

Doesn’t currently show up on 13.3 beta I’m afraid

Thanks for confirming. iOS was as a big part of why I decided to get a new controller. May send it back and settle for the standard controller for now. That’s the thing with these big companies, they’ll never say if it’s on a list to be fixed soon. It could be months or even years before this is fixed if its ever fixed.

Thanks for confirming. iOS was as a big part of why I decided to get a new controller. May send it back and settle for the standard controller for now. That’s the thing with these big companies, they’ll never say if it’s on a list to be fixed soon. It could be months or even years before this is fixed if its ever fixed.

Yeah I gotta ask but why would you want to spend £160 on a controller for ios games?, what’s the appeal over a bog standard pad for disposable gaming like that. Would functions like the paddles and trigger stops even be correctly understood by iOS or would you just run into compatibility issues where such and such game would work with trigger stops, another game would have issues with something else etc.

Yeah I gotta ask but why would you want to spend £160 on a controller for ios games?, what’s the appeal over a bog standard pad for disposable gaming like that. Would functions like the paddles and trigger stops even be correctly understood by iOS or would you just run into compatibility issues where such and such game would work with trigger stops, another game would have issues with something else etc.

Its not just for iOS games, I wanted one great controller for PC, Xbox, iPad and iPhone. Basically everything.

Its not just for iOS games, I wanted one great controller for PC, Xbox, iPad and iPhone. Basically everything.

I’ve got to use a standard pad for the PC, if I try and use this one all it does is turn on the Xbox, I’d love it to check the closest device it’s synced to and turn that on only.

Do you fellas think holding till 29th will bring a reduction, if any, from the £159.99 price?

Do you fellas think holding till 29th will bring a reduction, if any, from the £159.99 price?

Well you could have got one last week from Argos for £143 and can get one from Very now for £149.99 so I think it’s likely they will be about for less than £159.99

oh right, didn't check other sites. Only found out one was released yesterday so was cosidering Amazon as I have £30ish in promo credit there, or GAME for the £79.99 trade in offer for Gen 1.

To be fair I probably don't even need one, I never use the paddles or long analog sticks. The only thing an elite does for me is the grip.

I never use any of the other sticks either but the short paddles as the bumpers is something I couldn’t live without now lol

oh right, didn't check other sites. Only found out one was released yesterday so was cosidering Amazon as I have £30ish in promo credit there, or GAME for the £79.99 trade in offer for Gen 1.

To be fair I probably don't even need one, I never use the paddles or long analog sticks. The only thing an elite does for me is the grip.

Depending on where you like the grip, you could consider other (cheaper) controllers which also have a rubber grip, such as this Xbox Wireless Controller – Sport Blue Special Edition | Xbox

Just a thought.

Depending on where you like the grip, you could consider other (cheaper) controllers which also have a rubber grip, such as this Xbox Wireless Controller – Sport Blue Special Edition | Xbox

Just a thought.
yeah I had the forza 6 blue one, which had the rubber but plastic face-plate. So the thumb region of your palms would slip off. I'm warming to the idea of having front and back grip.

Currently have a black gen 1 elite and got a bargain on amazon for a white one (£39) so i reckon i'm getting that gen 2. Would just stink if the price drops to £100-120 for black friday though!

E6722A44-DCA2-46FF-AEE4-6D75CFA8DB07.jpeg

723958C9-EE14-46B2-A774-6AF6FFB9D802.jpeg

Quite like how the new models looks with the old dpads.

I have just been looking on the store via the XBOX and it's showing as £159.99 with Standard free postage, but when I change the delivery to Express for £10 the total cost changes to £133.33.

Love my controller, very comfortable and banging out some amazing Quickscope plays in MW with it.

But one thing that is bothering me is i can hear rattling (with the buttons and paddles off), is that typical? And the rumble can make random sharp noises. Like popping/crackling noises? Or am I an oversensitive nutcase lol

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hoping it drops to £100 around christmas time

Just ordered one from argos comes with borderlands 3 for free i only play on pc dont have an xbox so will get a little back from the game sale, what tension are people using on the sticks for modern warfare?

Picked up one from Argos last week with free Borderlands 3 as an upgrade from my Elite Series 1 but I have noticed slight click and stiffness on the right trigger. Didn't really notice it when playing Gears 5 only on Forza Horizon 4. Anyone else has this issue and will it improve with use?
Apart from that controller is great and an improvement on the original.
Original controller and Borderlands 3 went on Ebay and covered the bulk of the cost!.

Have put mine up for sale in the classifieds as I don’t feel I’m getting the most out of it

Picked up one from Argos last week with free Borderlands 3 as an upgrade from my Elite Series 1 but I have noticed slight click and stiffness on the right trigger. Didn't really notice it when playing Gears 5 only on Forza Horizon 4. Anyone else has this issue and will it improve with use?
Apart from that controller is great and an improvement on the original.
Original controller and Borderlands 3 went on Ebay and covered the bulk of the cost!.

It won't improve with use. It needs replacing if it bothers you.

My original elite had slight click on right trigger - it didn't bother me as I used the trigger stops anyway which stopped it before the slight stick and click. But it will stay like it is.

Picked one of these up today on my return to more Xbox gaming. Had an Elite 1 but impressed more with this. In particular being able to adjust the stick tension is a big gain for me. After playing mainly on PS4 I always found the Elite sticks too loose :)

Really tempted in treating myself to one of these.
My Elite 1 after years of use and abuse is slowly falling apart, buttons and triggers no longer feel as responsive and grips are falling off.

Is everyone happy with the Series 2 ?
The Elite for me has been the best controller I have ever used and owned so really tempted in getting the Series 2...

My Elite 1 after years of use and abuse is slowly falling apart, buttons and triggers no longer feel as responsive and grips are falling off.

The Elite for me has been the best controller I have ever used and owned so really tempted in getting the Series 2...

Really happy - a step up from the first one I had in a number of ways :)

I think its good. Its better than version 1 BUT if your series 1 is still working fine - not worth the upgrade IMHO.

However, like you mine had taken a battering and it feels like a nice upgrade.

Does the Series 2 still work the same as other controllers where as if you Plug into the Xbox Direct it becomes a Wired Controller ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom