Xbox games on Xbox 360...which impress?

nil102

Established Member
Reaction score
Having come from a PS2 to the XBox 360 I don`t have any Xbox games to run on my new console.Can anyone recommend a few that will run OK until some more new releases appear for the 360.Thanks..FPS in particular:)

The obvious one has to be Halo or Halo 2. I can vouch that Halo 2 works pretty well on the 360, I assume that Halo also works but someone will need to confirm.

Halo 2 has very good multiplayer (although seems to be more and more American kids these days) and Halo has one of the best SP FPS campaigns I have played.

If you havent played either of the Halos then these are a must - IMHO of course!

Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow is also another great FPS. I still find myself playing it even though I've got PD0. :thumbsup:

metal arms: a glitch in the system, 3rd person though.

and you must play Knights of the old rebublic 1&2.

nil102 said:
Having come from a PS2 to the XBox 360 I don`t have any Xbox games to run on my new console.Can anyone recommend a few that will run OK until some more new releases appear for the 360.Thanks..FPS in particular:)

it'll be interesting to know what you think so let us know:thumbsup:

i really enjoyed Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
really good fps if a little short ...... dunno if it even is bc but a good game :thumbsup:

Check out my thread on this. It collects peoples ratings so far of compatible Xbox games on the 360.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296469

To be honest there are only a few games that work really well and some are very buggy and prone to crashing. Microsoft a planning to release an update of the emulation softare sometime in March so hopefully more games will be added to the list and some of the major games fixed.

Personally I would like to see Half Life, Chronicles of Rid and Doom 3 all running with no framerate issue in full screen and HD and some texture improvements like Halo 2 would also be welcome :thumbsup:

I have to recommend Splinter Cell Chaos Theory :smashin:

I just bought GTA San Andreas and it wont run,Halo2 seems ok,Pro evo 4 no good also.I might just save my money for 360 specific titles in future.I have downloaded and installed the update though this seems to make no difference.Ah well Halo 2 looks interesting.Thanks for your advice

That is strange because there are people on here who have posted saying that San Andreas works on the 360 :confused:

Are you using RGB, Component or VGA? as this will make a difference.

I am using Official AV/RGB Scart cable, a friend has just told me the later versions of GTA san adreas are different and dont run on XBox 360.

Indiana Jones said:
I have to recommend Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
I thought Chaos Theory looked good on the Xbox, but when I loaded the single player game on the 360 through a HDTV it looked stunning!

There is a problem though, as soon as the Live update is installed the game will not load. The first screen that shows load progress just stops about two thirds across.

Just make sure you complete the Single Player before going on Live ;)

Indiana Jones said:
Just make sure you complete the Single Player before going on Live ;)
Are you serious or jesting?

I enjoyed the single player campaign on the Xbox and the new and improved look gives me a reason to play through it again.

I wanted to play co-op on the 360, but US gamers have said the downloadable co-op maps don't work on the 360, I can't even get past the loading screen to get that far anyway.

I was being serious, some people have got the game, downloaded the Live patch and then complained that the game wouldnt work so just make sure you play though the game before moving onto Live.

Indiana Jones said:
I was being serious, some people have got the game, downloaded the Live patch and then complained that the game wouldnt work so just make sure you play though the game before moving onto Live.
I see. :thumbsup:

I hope you didn't think I was being rude!

The first level seemed to work okay, but I'll try and make time to play through it once the HDTV is permanently set up.

Halo 2 upscales very nicely and plays well.

The original (not the re-released Classic version) of GTA:SA is very fine indeed; not graphically amazing, but as a game it's fab.

My fav Xbox game Ninja Gaiden runs ok and looks superb :clap: A touch of slow down though... :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom