Question Xbox one S hook up to tv or receiver?

Floppydan

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I have just purchased a new Samsung 65"Q90T qled tv. Right now I have the Xbox one S hooked up to my Sony DN1080 av reveiver in the game hdmi port. Then I have an HDMI from the Sony EARC hdmi to the HDMI earc on the Samsung. Everything works fine. My question is, I also have an hdmi port for gaming on the tv that supports some great gaming features. Is there a way to hook it up to that instead of the tv EARC? Is it just as simple as to go directly into the game port on the tv and then earc tv to earc sony? Will it still play 5.1 surround sound.

Firstly, the “game” HDMI port is nothing special. It’s just a label.
Both my Sony AVR’s have had a “game” HDMI port and it’s just for convenience when plugging things in and knowing which channel they are.
It might be the same for the TV, but obviously your TV seems to support more options for gaming.

The only real way to know is to try out the TVs gaming options and see if you get better picture quality and responsiveness.

You could just link the xbox to the hdmi which has 2.1 features then link the TV to the receiver via the arc port.

You could just link the xbox to the hdmi which has 2.1 features then link the TV to the receiver via the arc port.

Doing it that way does that change anything in sound quality? Will it be degrated for not being in earc?

Doing it that way does that change anything in sound quality? Will it be degrated for not being in earc?
Earc is an audio return channel between your tv and the receiver. In your situation is probably easier to use all the movie streaming apps ( netflix, disney + etc) thru your xbox anyway. Arc only matters when you watch stuff from tv apps or tv tuner ( freeview ).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom