Xbox one s or one x help!!!

Glen85

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi im looking at upgrading from my og xbox one to either the s or the x am i really going to see a massive difference from the x. I use a 4k hdr tv but its not really a top end one 55nu7400 is the x worth it on this set up????
Thanks đź‘Ť

Having not fired up my launch day Xbox One for over a year, I’ve got the itch to do some gaming again and also pondering whether to purchase an S or X... however I’ve not yet got a 4K television (sticking with my trusty old Viera plasma until 48” OLED sets finally become available!) so am just wondering whether the X is still worth the £100 premium over the S?

Or should I just plump for the S for now, as I won’t really see the full benefit of the additional processing power on an HD SDR telly and by the time the 48” OLEDs are on the market the Series X will probably by imminent 🤔

Having not fired up my launch day Xbox One for over a year, I’ve got the itch to do some gaming again and also pondering whether to purchase an S or X... however I’ve not yet got a 4K television (sticking with my trusty old Viera plasma until 48” OLED sets finally become available!) so am just wondering whether the X is still worth the £100 premium over the S?

Or should I just plump for the S for now, as I won’t really see the full benefit of the additional processing power on an HD SDR telly and by the time the 48” OLEDs are on the market the Series X will probably by imminent 🤔

Really up to you to be honest, you will get benefits from the X. I upgraded when I had a 40" HD Telly and noticed the improvements straight away, everything is sharper and framerate benefits. And then got a 4K TV and was very impressed.

Unless your going to buy a Series X on Day 1 then I would say go for an X. Some good deals on Amazon at the moment for about ÂŁ290 with a handful of games which you could sell on to get some money back.

I've got a Day One Xbox One and Scorpio One X and still use a 1080p TV and you can see the difference when switching between the two consolesv even at this resolution. Never had any regrets with my X purchase even without a 4K TV.

Ive just purchased an x to use on my 1440p monitor with freesync and 120hz so hopefully should be a bit smoother, like the guy above suggested if you are not jumping straght into next gen grab the x whilst the deals are on

Even if you planned to get a Series X next year I would still get an X now, the OG Xbox One is really starting to show its age with more and more games now really suffering (Jedi Fallen Order is almost unplayable IMO) so even with a 1080p TV the performance and quality improvements an X can offer are definitely worth spending the extra.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom