Answered Xbox One X 4K problems with TV & AV receiver.

Make sure the firmware of the receiver is up to date they released a software upgrade on their download page last august and in the change log it mentions improved HDR support.

If you have already done this and are still not getting anything than it's a HDMI handshaking issue (which may also explain Atmos not working) that can only be resolved by either Microsoft or Anthem. Getting Anthem to fix the issue on their side would be faster than trying to get Microsoft's attention on it so I'd contact Anthem first.

As far as I know Xbox doesn't gain anything from 12-bit it's just there as future proofing, the GUI and all games/movies are in 8-bit, the only time 10-bit gets invoked is when HDR is in use, I could very well be wrong but that what I've read over the years.

Thanks next010, I did contact them both for now see if got their attention and if my case is a single of more common. Regards firmware yes it is running with this latest one. 10bit I need for HDR which makes more sense for X model.

Another option I was thinking when I was struggling was direct HDMI from Xbox to TV for picture and then optical cable for audio from Xbox to AV Receiver.

Yeap that is what I am doing now but I am limited to Dolby Digital 5.1 over optic cable, far away from ideal Atmos sound which sends only over HDMI.

I'm also having issues with my Xbox One X running through my receiver and not getting full 4k and HDR. I have a Pioneer SC-LX59, and an LG B7 OLED tv. I've got the deep colour settings all done and I know the TV accepts HDR through from the receiver as my Ultra 4k player works fine through it, but just can't get the new Xbox to work properly through it. I'm using the cable that came with the Xbox, and have tried multiple HDMI inputs on the receiver but to no avail. I've updated to newest firmware too. Any ideas??

I'm also having issues with my Xbox One X running through my receiver and not getting full 4k and HDR. I have a Pioneer SC-LX59, and an LG B7 OLED tv. I've got the deep colour settings all done and I know the TV accepts HDR through from the receiver as my Ultra 4k player works fine through it, but just can't get the new Xbox to work properly through it. I'm using the cable that came with the Xbox, and have tried multiple HDMI inputs on the receiver but to no avail. I've updated to newest firmware too. Any ideas??

Are all the HDMI 4K capability?

I'm not entirely sure, but using the BD HDMI port that my 4k player works with still doesn't fix the problem.

Well the Xbox is HDMI is defo 4K. It maybe your other lead. Have you tried just connecting your Xbox to your tv first. Cut out the reviver. It may help you pinpoint the problem a little better. To reset your Xbox hold the power down for 10 secs til it resets.

Well the Xbox is HDMI is defo 4K. It maybe your other lead. Have you tried just connecting your Xbox to your tv first. Cut out the reviver. It may help you pinpoint the problem a little better. To reset your Xbox hold the power down for 10 secs til it resets.
Yes it works fine connected directly to the TV. I know I can just use ARC to output sound to the receiver, but I have just installed Atmos speakers in the ceiling so I want to be able to make use of them.

Ok I've sorted it, I was sure the BD input would have been set to 4:4:4 but it was on 4:4:2, turned all inputs to 4:4:4 and connected the Xbox and now it passing through 4k with HDR and all the boxes are ticked:D

Ok I've sorted it, I was sure the BD input would have been set to 4:4:4 but it was on 4:4:2, turned all inputs to 4:4:4 and connected the Xbox and now it passing through 4k with HDR and all the boxes are ticked:D

What’s 4:4:2?

Hi I've got the same problem, I can't get HDR when I go through my demon 2300 AVR. But if i go straight to the tv Panasonic cx802r I get HDR. I've had 4K HDR movie play through the AVR in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve updated the firmware on my Marantz and it’s working correctly now.

Yeah i tried to update everything. I'm up to date
Are you saying connecting the Xbox directly to the Panny you get 4K hdr, but when routing the Xbox through the avr you don’t? It could be only certain hdmi ports only pass hdr through.

Are you saying connecting the Xbox directly to the Panny you get 4K hdr, but when routing the Xbox through the avr you don’t? It could be only certain hdmi ports only pass hdr through.

Or none do as I found with my only two year old Sony amp recently! Bought a new amp now mind.

I have this problem with my Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050..HDR HDCP 2.2 on all inputs but not recognised on xbox. Direct to TV perfect. I have tried ARC but LG E6 OLed does not support atnos passthrough.

Panasonic blu ray and Virgin Ek both fine.

Any thoughts?

B

Just to say that I solved this by entering the 4k menu and changing to mode one on the Yamaha Aventage RX A 3050, works a trat now and atmos sounds great on Gears of War 4.

B

Well i have just gone to my panny and optic to the AVR. Yes direct to panny all ticks. All hdmi pass HDR.

I have this problem with my Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050..HDR HDCP 2.2 on all inputs but not recognised on xbox. Direct to TV perfect. I have tried ARC but LG E6 OLed does not support atnos passthrough.

Panasonic blu ray and Virgin Ek both fine.

Any thoughts?

B
Hi Brenstorm. I'm having a similar issue with my Yamaha RX-A2050. When my Xbox One X is connected to AVR input, it's not recognizing the Xbox. when I plug it into my LG ef9500 all green checks. Here is where the problem lies: I'm not getting sound from the Xbox. The sound I'm getting is from my cable TV. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I would like to have the Xbox connected into the AVR and not my TV. Thanks in advance

Hi,

A year late, but did issue get resolved?
I had the same issue with intermidid black screens and no dolby atmos.
The issue was the cable. Replaced with me when 8k high hdmi cable and nothing but extronary sound and picture since.
You may not 8k cables but definitely recommend certified 2 0 or even higher 2.1 high speed hdmi to resolve issues and get best performance.
Cheers

Hi,

I had the same issues with my Xbox. Black screen and what not.
The issue was the hdmi cable between receiver and tv. Reciever is atmos and due to the large data on atmos, for some reason the cable I had would restrict content processing through the receiver into the tv. It is an odd thing because you would think the cable between the Xbox and reciever would be the issue. Upgraded the hdmi cable between receiver and tv to a 4k certified 18gbs hdmi, and all good. TV now has now no black screen, plays all hdr10+ content, and reciever puts sound in Atmos....beautiful!!

How did you get the pioneer AVR to pass through 4:4:4 ? Am struggling on this for a week.

I have the same issue on my setup. PS4 Pro HDR10 gaming fine. Swapped the hdmi outputs with the Xbox One X. The Xbox One not fully compliant using the same port and hdmi cable.

I thought I would share my recent experience in case it is of use to anyone else. I just upgraded a bit to a Yamaha RX-V683 receiver, as I was tired of my old receiver not being able to pass through 4K/HDR. Got everything set up, but was informed by the Xbox One X that my new setup did support 4K, but not HDR.

I did a lot of reading here and elsewhere - updated firmware, made sure the 4K mode on the receiver was set to 'Mode 1', etc., to no avail. A passing comment by someone with a different TV (mine is a TCL 6-series, 65R617) made me think to look deeper into settings there, and that is where I found the solution. Under 'Settings' and 'TV Inputs', each HDMI port has an 'HDMI Mode' setting. The options are 'HDMI 1.4', 'HDMI 2.0', and 'Auto'. Mine was set to 'Auto', so I had assumed that was fine - but 'Auto' was not detecting the correct mode, apparently. By manually specifying 'HDMI 2.0' there, I was able to solve my problem and am now passing through 4K/HDR correctly.

Hope this helps someone!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom