Question Xbox One X fan noise vs PS4 Pro?

Recall

Established Member
Reaction score
I am only interested in owners of PS4 Pro who can give a direct comparison please. So for those owners, how loud does it get?

My PS4 Pro can sound like a leaf blower for some games!

Difficult , i have both but can not compare as I don' have a the same disc based ( usually more fan noise and disc spinning up) game on both.

Been very impressed with the X so far on Gears 4 that has all bells and whistles on disc to give it a goid work out .

Also from a personal stand point the build quality is better for me . Usually means a lil less noise.

I am only interested in owners of PS4 Pro who can give a direct comparison please. So for those owners, how loud does it get?

I have both . So far my x is very quiet indeed . Pro can be very noisy . Impressed. And it's in a hole where my fireplace used to be so not ideal as ironically for a former fireplace there is nowhere for the heat to go

Even with 4K discs playing there isnt much noise, what there is is quite a pleasant sound actually. Its quieter than I thought it would be, I think its quieter than the Elite. Nothing like the old 360 days!

I have both, but my X is soon getting replaced.

In terms of gameplay the PS4 Pro is typically louder but far less distracting as the noise level is consistent. My X on the other hand seems to ramp up like powering on a hairdryer/vacuum for 3 secs typically every 5-mins, and while quieter in-between, it's still far more noticable and irritable than the PS4 Pro.

I believe my fans or overall cooling solution is not working correctly, as many report a quiet console even after hours of jumping between games. That's certainly not my experience.

My disc drive is more audible now than the S console, so much so that I wouldn't want to watch horror/quiet films on the X, which I was fine with on the S.

That is great feedback guys, thanks. It seems there is quiet a variation between the consoles, some quiet and some louder?

I have both consoles and the xbox is near silent and quite compared to pro but my pro is fairly quite also.

PS4 pro - steady quite fan flow in general but has high fan bursts during intensive games which can last a short while.

Xbox X - silent on dash, and so far silent in games with just a very very steady flow of fan noise which is pretty difficult to hear unless you mute sound and get close to console.

posted here see what you all think as I did some tests

Xbox One X

I have both and from my experience so far I would say the X is quieter but it’s a tricky thing because if you are playing a game like CoD with explosions going off all around you then if the fans did ramp up you would be unlikely to notice it but if your playing a stage we’re its deadly quiet then the slightest increase in fan noise will be easily heard, the only time I heard my X ramp up was during a noisy stage and I paused the game, if I had not done that then I would never have known and would have said my console had been silent from the second I powered it up.

At the end of the day it’s a powerful bit of kit in a tiny box and the more you push it the hotter it’s going to get and the louder the fans will be, this is unavoidable.

I have both but I am pretty much all digital for games so I don't know what it's like with a disc in the drive but when playing games the Xbox One X is a lot quieter.

I can hears the fans in the PS4 Pro on games like Uncharted 4 really ramp up but so far my Xbox One X has been pretty quiet.

I have both but I am pretty much all digital for games so I don't know what it's like with a disc in the drive but when playing games the Xbox One X is a lot quieter.

I can hears the fans in the PS4 Pro on games like Uncharted 4 really ramp up but so far my Xbox One X has been pretty quiet.

The disc should only spin up to authenticate then stop within a few minutes but I guess there could be a bug that causes it to spin up again which will increase the noise.

The disc should only spin up to authenticate then stop within a few minutes but I guess there could be a bug that causes it to spin up again which will increase the noise.
Mine definitely doesnt do this. I can barely hear the disc anyway, seems quieter than the Elite.

This is a non topic, apart from people with faulty One X’s the noise is not even in the same ball park. It’s is literally as silent as the S apart from maybe a quick fan ramp up for just seconds under extreme load. Iv only managed to get this to happen twice in many hours, even then it was not audible with TV at a normal volume. My PS4 sounds a lot louder even when watching blu rays!

I have both

My Pro is noticeably noisy but other than being a bit annoying on quiet game moments it’s not to bad.
My Scorpio is pretty much silent.

I played Gears 4 for 2 hours earlier and had to put my ear right next to the console to hear anything.
Very impressive tbh

I have both and the x1 is a lot more quiet than my pro

My Pro does at time sound like a jet engine though that's only with some games. So far I've not heard a peep out of the X.

Absolutely hammered it with Forza 7 most of the weekend with some COD mixed in.

x is very quiet compared to the pro, Pro can be very loud at times, x has ben virtually silent.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom