Xbox One X

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Game will probably let us trade in our Xbox one S's to get the X at that much wanted £399 price-point.

Im not sure I understand the idea behind pricing so highly(close to PC gaming prices) then releasing all your console exclusive games to Windows... again pushing more people over to the PC gaming side of things. Especially as once you setup with PC gaming its far far cheaper than console gaming.

Microsoft lacked any backup with AAA titles also in my opinion... the only stellar title was Crackdown 3 and as far as im concerned its not a system seller :(

Everything else seemed to be timed exclusives :(

Just waiting to see what Sony announce tomorrow and then I can be fully disappointed in E3 2017 :D

Im not sure I understand the idea behind pricing so highly(close to PC gaming prices) then releasing all your console exclusive games to Windows... again pushing more people over to the PC gaming side of things. Especially as once you setup with PC gaming its far far cheaper than console gaming.

Microsoft lacked any backup with AAA titles also in my opinion... the only stellar title was Crackdown 3 and as far as im concerned its not a system seller :(

Everything else seemed to be timed exclusives :(

Just waiting to see what Sony announce tomorrow and then I can be fully disappointed in E3 2017 :D

Close to PC gaming prices? Are you serious? Build an equivalently specced PC for close to £449....

Close to PC gaming prices? Are you serious? Build an equivalently specced PC for close to £449....

In the sense that you're a couple of hundred notes away from the £449 price... what you pay extra in the initial layout you more than recoup during a Steam sale...

/I retract the above statement as silly.

Last edited:
In the sense that you're a couple of hundred notes away from the £449 price... what you pay extra in the initial layout you more than recoup during a Steam sale...

Are you? Once again, show me a PC capable of 4K native gaming close to the One X price point?

(close to PC gaming prices)
Where is the £450 gaming PC of fairly equivalent spec?

Having recently got a PC for non-gaming use I am just reinforcing my stance on gaming, I don't want to faff and pissing around that PC gaming brings, it's not plug and play, every component is a faff and you're constantly messing around with stuff to get it working as expected. I just want to plug in a console and b done with it.

*EDIT*

Being a 'couple of hundred' is still another 50% of this cost, and at £650 you're still not going to get a machine as capable as the xox, when there's the other factors to consider, PC gaming on a couch doesn't work as well as console gaming on the same couch so you either need a dedicated area or you're making a compromise on your gaming enjoyment. If you need to set up at a desk you need to buy a desk, a monitor, all the accessories etc - it's never as simple as just throwing out a 'this is close to pc gaming cost' and 'steam is cheap' comments I find.

Yeah it seems my pc gaming needs are far below what the 4k machines cost, and I retract my statement.

I will stand by £450 for a games console that is slowly shipping all its console exclusive titles over to PC is very high in my opinion. The draw to the console is diminished by the fact that people who already own a high end PC capable of running those titles is very unlikely to go out and buy the Xbox One X.

I know gamers who are 100% PC gamers but also have a PS4 to be able to play titles like The Last of Us and Uncharted and several other console exclusive titles.

I guess how people feel about the price is subjective and I guess if you can afford to drop £450 for a console with no games and also have to fork out for XBL Gold if you wanted to play online. I could not justify it.

The price thing is internet trolls trying to alter perception. When the specs were first announced the great and godly on Neogaf were saying "wow this will be expensive, like $600+ and they will still be selling at a loss" - to try and dampen enthusiasm.

As time went on they had to change the message so it went to "under $400 or this is DOA" - to create unrealistic expectations.

The price is actually a surprise for us in the UK. I expected £499!

It has essentially a liquid cooling system. They won't be making a profit on these even at $499.

The price thing is internet trolls trying to alter perception. When the specs were first announced the great and godly on Neogaf were saying "wow this will be expensive, like $600+ and they will still be selling at a loss" - to try and dampen enthusiasm.

As time went on they had to change the message so it went to "under $400 or this is DOA" - to create unrealistic expectations.

The price is actually a surprise for us in the UK. I expected £499!

It has essentially a liquid cooling system. They won't be making a profit on these even at $499.

It's not altering my perception that £450 for a games console is £150 more than my last outlay on a games console. For a console that is capable of great things but wont be allowed to do those great things because the games have to be able to run on the Xbox One... so essentially its more expensive to look better...

As I said if the outlay is not an issue for you then its happy days... but that price point will be a sticking point.

I'm not even sure the price is really the problem. Its the software lineup looking so weak to justify the expense.

I'd hoped coming to the market later than Sony might have brought some more titles to show it off like Metro appears to do.

It's not altering my perception that £450 for a games console is £150 more than my last outlay on a games console. For a console that is capable of great things but wont be allowed to do those great things because the games have to be able to run on the Xbox One... so essentially its more expensive to look better...

As I said if the outlay is not an issue for you then its happy days... but that price point will be a sticking point.

I think your perception is incredibly unrealistic. I'm still waiting for you to find an equivalent PC in the same sort of price range....

You can ask to be notified when ready for pre order on amazon.

I really wanted this but Im not sure if the developers will be bothered to implement an xbox1x mode.

Their pretty half arsed with ps4pro enhancements and the ps4 market is much larger than xbox.

I will pre order and see how it plays out before release.

I will see if there are any bundles offering any extra value, as I haven't jumped into the current gen yet, and will be grabbing a 4K display either this year or next. Slightly disappointed that Dolby Vision wasn't mentioned.

I think your perception is incredibly unrealistic. I'm still waiting for you to find an equivalent PC in the same sort of price range....

You'll be waiting a while as I said above you clearly cannot get a gaming PC of the equivalent spec for slightly more money.

But clearly you're sold on the idea of paying £450 for a games console that will play exactly the same games the current Xbox One S plays but look better. My point is with something of this value they should be pushing some games as exclusive to the Xbox One X to sell the system. As the system is clearly capable of running titles the older Xbox cannot. Yet it wont because Microsoft wont let it.

You'll be waiting a while as I said above you clearly cannot get a gaming PC of the equivalent spec for slightly more money.

But clearly you're sold on the idea of paying £450 for a games console that will play exactly the same games the current Xbox One S plays but look better. My point is with something of this value they should be pushing some games as exclusive to the Xbox One X to sell the system. As the system is clearly capable of running titles the older Xbox cannot. Yet it wont because Microsoft wont let it.

So you're argument is it is better to spend £1000 plus on a PC to play all the same games and Xbox One S can but look better? I'm not entirely sure on your logic there. This console, is and always has been about allowing gamers who want to, to play console games to the highest levels of graphical fidelity out there. Your argument was initially..buy a PC it isn't much more expensive. Now you seem to be saying there should be exclusive games for it...

Well I like the look of it. Admittedly a bit weak looking on the games exclusive games front but there's plenty of multiplats out there that will take advantage of it as well.

I was only watching in 1080p as my 4k upgrade will come later this year with the Xbox One X but I thought Forza, Metro and and Anthem from a shiny shiny perspective looked the absolute nuts.

£450 is a little more than many of the £399 predictions pre conference but to me that's the cost of a couple of games. Never know what bundles etc might be offered yet as well if any.

Still looking forward to it :p

Did anyone spot the xbox US store preorder prices? $89.99 a title - I'm not keen on the constant march of tech driving up the cost of titles! I know it's digital and there's a chance of physical under cutting this but still a tad rich for my taste!

There was ridiculous prices for xbox one games when it were announced but they came down by release date.

For me, I was expecting the next generation for xbox.. As in xbox.. Xbox 360..xbox one and then this.. But this is just a souped up xbox really. If you don't have a 4k TV there's no really much point in getting this. I'm going to preorder but will decide later whether I'll keep it come release day

So you're argument is it is better to spend £1000 plus on a PC to play all the same games and Xbox One S can but look better? I'm not entirely sure on your logic there. This console, is and always has been about allowing gamers who want to, to play console games to the highest levels of graphical fidelity out there. Your argument was initially..buy a PC it isn't much more expensive. Now you seem to be saying there should be exclusive games for it...

It's no argument its an observation the PC gamers who already have a PC capable of playing 4k titles now do not need to purchase an Xbox because they are pushing the games to PC anyway. In the past there are a lot of PC gamers who would go and purchase an Xbox to play the Xbox exclusive titles.

You are clearly looking at this from a hardcore Xbox gamer perspective where spending £450 to have 4k gaming on your TV in the living room is worth the outlay. And im so happy for you that you are comfortable in paying that sort of cash for that jump to 4k gaming.

Do you not feel the console would do a lot better if say a Halo popped out but was Xbox One X only rather than juiced up to look better on the console? (this isn't an exclusive issue to the Xbox world the same issue is around for the PS4 Pro.)

As I said you are clearly mind made up and this is the best thing since March the 14th. And again I say im happy for you. But you do need to look at the bigger picture. This console has to appeal to the many not the few.

So is the uk price definitely going to be £450?

If you don't have a 4k TV there's no really much point in getting this.
I actually think there's plenty of point - given that games will render at higher resolution and be brought down to 1080p and also have the boost of the new machines capabilities so you might see more particle effects for instance. The stream looked great last night, in 1080p, 4K obviously will look better but seeing Anthem and Forza was like the first time I saw GoW moving from the original xbox days, that was the day I bought a 360 lol

We're different to many here, as we probably pay more attention to the intricate details of these devices, such as analysing the Digital Foundry article, but surely for this to be successful they need to shift units to more than just the hardcore users and non-users and I don't think they sold the benefits of the X1X in a tangible way at E3.

The PS4 hammered the Xbox One, because of its attractive price compared to the X1 and now you've got another Xbox that's more expensive than the PlayStation equivalent. On top of that, I didn't see any compelling reason to rush out and buy the X1X with that E3 show. They really needed a killer 'only on X1X' exclusive or something like EA showcasing what the X1X will bring to Battlefield 1 and Anthem that you can't get on any other console.

I'm a bit disappointed, because I was interested in getting this at launch, but they haven't convinced me it's worth £450 to have the few games I've got in rotation look a bit better.

Where's this up for pre-order? Couldn't find it on Amazon.

Apparently it hasn't been approved for sale in the US yet, so expect pre-orders to be available at a later date.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom