Xbox one

Rxece17

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’m looking for some help and hoping someone can help me

I bought an external hard drive for my Xbox One a few months back and had around 20-30 games downloaded onto the external hard drive.

I went out for the day and came back to find the Xbox One wasn’t recognising the hard drive and all the games appear to have gone.

I’ve got the Xbox One to start recognsing the hard drive again but when I try and view the contents of the hard drive the games don’t appear to be there and everything I do i.e. transfer games from Xbox internal drive to external Seagate drive doesn’t appear to be working.

Been thinking about performing a factory reset but not sure if I’ll lose Fifa 20, call of duty, wwe etc which I bought digitally.

I’ve done a soft and hard reset to see if this helps but no joy.

It’s driving me crazy so hopefully someone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Format the Drive and download the games again. If you have purchased them Digitally then they will appear in your games Library under Full Library.

Might be worth checking the drive is working OK before re-installing games to it and download to Internal to start with.

I had something similar drive was OK, then not, then OK , then I formatted and it was OK then not again all the time - I google for a testing tool for the make of the drive - I had a seagate one I think, I connected the drive to my PC and ran a full test using the tool I found, which takes a long time (hours) and it reported it was faulty - sent it back to amazon and they replaced it in the end as was less than a year old.

Same thing happened to my external drive last year, no idea why but only way to fix it was to format the hard drive and download everything again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom