Xbox Series X / S Successful Pre Ordered Thread

Amazon for a Series X for me, much easier than the PS5 chaos last week...

For me, ordering a PS5 and a XBSX from Amazon was easy, loaded the websites 5 mins before the listing was due to start (0900 and 0800), refreshed a few times and ordered as soon it was live.

Amazon for a Series X for me, much easier than the PS5 chaos last week...

Had no problem with XBOX or PS5, it was the RTX 3080 that was "crash & burn" for me and that's the one I wanted the most, so 2 out of 3.

Think my problem was I was going for Digital PS5, had it in my basket at amazon but kept giving me errors on checkout, Currys wouldn't load at all and was too slow elsewhere apart from AO.com where I quickly used Apple Pay for all my details. Hopefully it'll arrive for launch

Amazon today no issue, straight to checkout and ordered :thumbsup:

Had Amazon and Argos and Argos worked first, so they got it, shame as amazon was 30 seconds behind tops, but I had bought an X by then. not bothering with mulitple orders as I think it wont get cancelled this early.

They have of course taken the cash though which is the only slight down side.

But either way - Sorted !

Well looks like all sold out everywhere now. Still got an X in my basket with MS but just keeps erroring!

game and smyths sites are down so you maybe in luck once back up

Smyths have said their website is down but can still pre-order if you go in store.

I've just started the £1 trial and currently finding it excellent with my 2080Ti PC. Even played Forza on my S10 phone!

Bit late now but that £1 trial is best used when you have Gold membership stacked as it will upgrade all your Gold to GPU.

I've got an Amazon pre-order in, but also travelled to my local GAME store...bit of a detour and got there to find a long queue (about 15-20 people I think) and just didn't have the time to wait - need to get back for work.

Bit of a shame as I really fancied collecting from store but will have to stick with the Amazon order, unless they get more stock later down the line.

Got the X on Amazon and also Currys (when it didn't look like Amazon was going to happen). Will cancel Currys - but wait a few days for everything to settle down and make sure I don't get a "sorry we may not deliver" email from Amazon. Down a fiver, I guess, but fair enough.

I've got an Amazon pre-order in, but also travelled to my local GAME store...bit of a detour and got there to find a long queue (about 15-20 people I think) and just didn't have the time to wait - need to get back for work.

Bit of a shame as I really fancied collecting from store but will have to stick with the Amazon order, unless they get more stock later down the line.

The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if the shops are closed again come November.

Ordered my X just after 8.15am from Amazon ...... happy days.

Managed to get a Series X via MS Direct for a pricely sum of £300. Just need to get some credit for the rest and I am all good for November.

Managed to bag two, one from Argos and the other from Amazon via their app as it wasn’t showing for me on the main site.
I’ll cancel one later, although I’m not sure how Argos will perform getting it to me on launch day, never had any probs with Amazon.

Managed to bag two, one from Argos and the other from Amazon via their app as it wasn’t showing for me on the main site.
I’ll cancel one later, although I’m not sure how Argos will perform getting it to me on launch day, never had any probs with Amazon.
Well you may as well cancel the Amazon order since argos will be taking the payment straight away.

Managed to get pre-orders in store at GAME and Smyths for me and my son. Thank f$%k as it's actually his birthday today....imagine ruining his birthday if i'd only got one and told him he'd have to wait for his.... :rotfl:

Got an Amazon one while waiting as a back up if lockdown, although when i called GAME in the week with questions asked what would happen if there's another lockdown and he said he thinks stuff would be shipped to customers instead anyway.... He wasn't 100% convincing hence will keep the back up for a while in case.

Then when the S's came on at Amazon managed to secure one of them too for my daughter for Christmas. Got my mum to order on her account to prevent any possible issue with multiple pre-orders for one account etc.

Happy days!

One on eBay here:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Managed to get pre-orders in store at GAME and Smyths for me and my son. Thank f$%k as it's actually his birthday today....imagine ruining his birthday if i'd only got one and told him he'd have to wait for his.... :rotfl:

Got an Amazon one while waiting as a back up if lockdown, although when i called GAME in the week with questions asked what would happen if there's another lockdown and he said he thinks stuff would be shipped to customers instead anyway.... He wasn't 100% convincing hence will keep the back up for a while in case.

Then when the S's came on at Amazon managed to secure one of them too for my daughter for Christmas. Got my mum to order on her account to prevent any possible issue with multiple pre-orders for one account etc.

Happy days!

You literally must have been the only person who got a pre order in at Smyths because no-one else was able to.

You literally must have been the only person who got a pre order in at Smyths because no-one else was able to.

Think he did them instore.

Got my Series X pre-order in with the Microsoft store and was able to use my reward points too :clap:

Never ordered any physical item from Microsoft before. Hope I was early enough to get it on release day.

Just popped up Amazon back in stock so got one on there
Same here!
Now got an X and S on Pre-order.
Will need to cancel one by the end of next month.
Decisions Decisions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom