Xbox Series X

I'd suggest you read the small print for whichever company you're getting the warranty from as you're not guaranteed to have burn-in cover; it's more likely to be excluded. Caveat emptor/YMMV/etc.
john lewis extended warranty specifically states covered for screen burn

john lewis extended warranty specifically states covered for screen burn

That's good then! :)

I apologise if my reply didn't come across correctly - I wasn't trying to say burn-in warranties don't exist, just that some places (e.g. manufacturer's themselves!) may not cover it so it's always worth having a look to see what's in the tiny print. As always I stand (live?!) to be corrected and base all my "knowledge" on what I've previously read/researched. :rotfl:

That's good then! :)

I apologise if my reply didn't come across correctly - I wasn't trying to say burn-in warranties doesn't exist, just that some places (e.g. the manufacturer's themselves!) don't tend to cover it so it's always worth having a look to see what's in the tiny print.
no problem it was a very valid point :smashin:

Unless family usage isnt suited to oled due to risk of image retention / burn in, in which case you may very much regret it. I hear plenty of people shout about it not being an issue, but plenty of people have problems. It may be a minority these days with better preservation tech in them, but it cant be ignored. Just check out the tv forums on here for countless examples.

The newer OLED screens are much more difficult to burn in. If I wanted to watch 12 hours a day of SSN I might not buy one but then if I did want to do that I’d probably jump out a window,,,.

So I just need to buy 3 x EA Access from ShopTo for £50 and that’ll convert to a year of Game Pass Ultimate? That seems too easy...

still sticking with my original plan tv before xmas series x next year problem is the tv choice is becoming a problem with the issues with the CX and Q90T

Honestly get the Xbox before 2021 as well if you can. It will be more expensive, VAT will go up, pounds value will go down, and Brexit, well any sane person knows what's going to happen there.

I'm still wracking my brains trying to decide which way to go with this - I definitely want the X and have never had a Game Pass sub in any form.

Admittedly I tend to consistently play a handful of games long term rather than sampling dozens each year - but can anyone see a reason not to go All Access? Unless my maths is flawed, once the console and Live costs are deducted - it's around £8.50 per month for hundreds of games.

Are there any big releases that aren't likely to be covered under Game Pass Ultimate?

Well our pre orders went leave halls an hour ago here, absolute mess. All the basic retailers went live and forgot to redirect you to the or order pages making it impossible to find yet it still sold out everywhere in minutes. I don't know how people were finding them.

I decided I wasn't pre ordering up front as they want him refundable deposits but it's still stupid. Hopefully your retailers remember to update their websites to steer you to the product.

Anyone expecting anything at midnight?

Well our pre orders went leave halls an hour ago here, absolute mess. All the basic retailers went live and forgot to redirect you to the or order pages making it impossible to find yet it still sold out everywhere in minutes. I don't know how people were finding them.

I decided I wasn't pre ordering up front as they want him refundable deposits but it's still stupid. Hopefully your retailers remember to update their websites to steer you to the product.
Sounds like a nightmare but if they are selling out quick its a sign for tomorrow for sure.

Sounds like a nightmare but if they are selling out quick its a sign for tomorrow for sure.
Interestingly the series X went but the s is still up for grabs a couple of hours later. Seems the die hards have all jumped in and the casuals didn't turn up.will keep an eye on it throughout the day and might look in to Australia as well and report back before your pre orders go up to see if you might expect similar. Maybe ms are hoping the series X will sell out and the hype will leave series s readily available to scoop up those that might visit stores on launch day on a bit more of a whim without a pre-order.

If you don't have game pass and you want live gold you might as well buy the gold and upgrade to game pass ultimate. It's literally a £1 upgrade and all the remaining live gold credit will convert to hand pass ultimate. Fair enough not paying the monthly fee for gamepass but for £1 for up to three years the upgrade on something you're buying anyway it's definitely worth doing.
Sorry mate, I'm being dim.. can you explain that again in words of one syllable for me? Plus, I thought only the first month was £1 then it was £11 per month after? Mind you, it includes the Gold for online play doesn't it?

Sorry mate, I'm being dim.. can you explain that again in words of one syllable for me? Plus, I thought only the first month was £1 then it was £11 per month after? Mind you, it includes the Gold for online play doesn't it?

I think... if you have never signed up for Game Pass before you can convert your existing Gold Subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 (basically a way for MS to convert Gold subscribers to Game Pass subscribers).

I did this a while ago. I had about 28 months of Xbox Live Gold subscription on my account and I signed up for the £1 Game Pass subscription. It converted my existing 28 months of Gold to 28 months of Game Pass Ultimate :clap:

You can only do this once. So maybe worth stacking a bunch of Gold subs before doing it.

Also as I now have an active Game Pass sub if I try to add a gold subscription (i.e. buy a 1 year card) it gives me the rough value of it as Game Pass (so something like a 1 year Gold sub converts to 3 or 4 months of Game Pass).

This is rediculous, I rarely game any more but want to get the Series X for all the 4k lovliness.

I've been running some numbers and as I tend to only play one game at a time and don't tend to flit from game to game if I buy it outright and pay 2 years of Gold, that comes out at some £550 where as the All Access finance deal is about £700 for a bunch of stuff in not going to use...

Or have I got it totally arse about face?

Guess it depends on how you use it.

The good thing about Game Pass is you have an instant library of games to play 1 after the other. So if you say roughly you play 1 game every 3 months and on average that game costs £35 that's about £140 year (if you don't resell games) which works out about the same as a Game Pass Ultimate sub.

The other thing is if you have a recent Android phone you can also play games streaming and with EA Play being added to Ultimate too you get that catalogue and features too.

Plus if you have a PC (capable of playing some games) you can play on there too with Game Pass Ultimate. It's a good thing for me as it means my other half can use the TV while I play on PC.

Amardilo summed it up nicely. I believe as long as you don't currently have gamepass ultimate you can sign up and if you have any months of Xbox live gold or game pass (non ultimate version) left active on your account it will add up all the months you have across both and change them like for like to gamepass ultimate, if you haven't used the trial this costs £1.

So you said you were looking to buy an Xbox and use live gold for 2 years, if when you buy the Xbox you buy both years of gold upfront and add them to your account you'll have Xbox live until November 2022. At this point you can pay Microsoft £1 and you will get all that converted to gamepass ultimate until November 2022. As I said it's literally £1 more than you'd be spending anyway if you plan ahead, that £1 will potentially save you hundreds over 2 years.

The limit is converting 3 years, if you think you'll like it it's absolutely worth buying 3 years of gold up front and doing the conversion as it works out a few quid a month. After you're in gamepass ultimate it converts vouchers 3:1, so a 3 month Xbox live gold or game pass voucher will only get you 1 month of ultimate.

Sat in the online queue. Was nice at 4 mins now its jumped upto 22 mins.. fml

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom