Question Yamaha Aventage 3030

dizzi2234

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all I own the above reciever and I can’t for the life of me work out how to turn it on WITHOUT also turning on zone 2 3 and 4 at the Same Time, I have looked everywhere to no avail, or do I HAVE to have all zones turned on at the same time 🤨because to me that’s just using unnecessary components... yes I know I can turn the zones off manually but I would like to be able to turn on my setup with JUST zone 1 .

Many thanks and sorry if it’s a stupid question lol

Turn the receiver on. Now engage the individual zones in turn and use the standby button on the remote or using the control app to turn each zone off. Once they are all tured off, set the remote back to the main zopne. THe receiver will no longer have the additional zones powered up whenever you power it up. The zones all have independanyt standby statuse so you have to ensure that they are all powered down if not wanting them to be powered up. THe receiver's own standby status doesn't override that of the additional zones.

Each zone retains the standby status it was last left in irrespective of whether or not you put the AV receiver itself into standby. Turn the zones off and they will no longer be indicated as being on when you power the receiver up.

Then you aren't turning off the zones if they still appear to be on when you power the receiver back up. An external source connected to the receiver has no ability to activate the additional audio zones so your XBox isn't responsible for what you are experiencing.

Try using the Yamaha iOS or Android control app to switch the zones off. THis is more intuative than using just the IR remote and gives a visible indication of each and every zones standby statis.

IMG_0003.png

AS far as I'm aware, the receiver shouldn;t be exhibiting this behaviour. Once the additional zones are put into standby then they'd ordinarilly remain disengaged until you specifically engage them again. They would be independant of the main room standby. I've no idea as to why they are powering themselves up each time you use the main room setup?

Last edited:
So after a bit of testing, I unplugged the Xbox out the reciever... turned the zones off then powered on the receiver..

Guess what, the zones stayed off, so now I am smashing my head against the wall lol

Were any of those zones set to use the XBox source?

Hmmmmm ok.... it seems the Yamaha does not like the power toggle on the Xbox (Xbox turn on/off tv and reciever) I turn that off and guess what..... only the main zone turns on, all others stay OFF, this is strange lol

What about HDMI Control, have you tried using the devices with HDMI Control turned off onboard the XBox?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom