Yamaha HTR 2071 is not turning on

abbyb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we were watching TV, when suddenly my yamaha HTR 2071 turned off, earlier it has also turned off for 1-2 times, after powering on it showed CHECK SP WIRES. But this time it is not turning on at all. I think it has activated protection circuitry somehow. Is there any way to turn it on by pressing any button combination?

One more thing I have just noticed. While pressing Info and Tone Control together and pressing the power button, it is showing " I PROTECT" , then switches off again.

I believe "I PROTECT" means overcurrent protection. Perhaps, both output transistors are blown and now cause short on the main power rail.

I believe "I PROTECT" means overcurrent protection. Perhaps, both output transistors are blown and now cause short on the main power rail.

what could be the approximate repair cost if both output transistors are blown?

I usually charge £40-50 for this type of the repair, but I’m just the hobbyst and don’t have any business running costs, compared to the repair shops so If there is one in your area, give them a call.

I usually charge £40-50 for this type of the repair, but I’m just the hobbyst and don’t have any business running costs, compared to the repair shops so If there is one in your area, give them a call.
Thank You, I thought my HTR is dead and beyond repair, so I have to buy a new one. You showed me the way out. Thanks a lot.

Happy to buy it from you for a good price ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom