Quantcast

Yamaha (HTR-3065) orange juice all inside it! :( help needed)

Slade2

Standard Member
Hi All,

Ok so earlier today my little 2 years old manage to shake a fair amount of orange juice over the top of my recently purchased yamaha receiver. I believe the HTR-3065 is almost identical to the RX-V373. I am just wondering what to do since the unit will no longer power up, I have looked inside with a torch and can see some random juicy bits on the power supply but that is about all. I live in Stafford is there anywhere locally I can get it repaired fairly cheap? Richer sounds want £40 just to look at it before they will let me know how much the repair will be.

I will be looking around for a replacement if the repair proves to expensive and will have around £200 to spend on a new receiver I will use the speakers that came with the system I have now. What do you dudes recommend?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Did you get the Yamaha 298 set? If so do you have the passive sub? If you do then an AV receiver will not be able to power the sub as they will all need an active sub. This was the only problem with the 298 set, it was cheap but the lack of an active sub makes replacement of the receiver a little more tricky. I suspect a repair will cost more than the receiver is worth especially since it sounds like there could be a fair bit of damage.

Slade2

Standard Member
I actually got the 398 set and I believe the sub to be active rather than passive but if anyone that reads this could confirm.

I need to look at replacements in the £200-250 range so what can people recommend.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The HTR-3065 uses an active subwoofer.

I'd suggest the Denon AVR1713 or Yamaha's RXV373 as being viable options for a replacement.

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If it was the 398 set then it will be an active sub.
As for a replacement the Yamaha 373/473 and Denon 1713/2113 would all be worth a look. Just need to fit a splash guard and you will be sorted!!!!!

Slade2

Standard Member
I rather like the look of the denon to be honest and would make sure of the extra features over the 373. So its either the Denon or the 473. I will wait and see if I can talk the wife into letting me buy the denon.