Yamaha MusicCast WXAD-10

NikonNick

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've had one of these units for a few months connected to the line in on my Cambridge Audio receiver in my stereo system and streaming from my Mac/external drive.

I keep all my music files on an external drive and they are mostly FLAC files ripped from my CD collection.

I've been using PLEX as the media server and it seems to have worked OK but I've just bought a couple of albums from HD Tracks in FLAC 192/24 format and PLEX won't play them.

I downloaded trial versions of ROON & Audirvana to test and they seemed to be able to play those tracks for a while but are struggling now too !!!!

I really would like to stay with PLEX and not pay for the other 2 but none of them seem to be reading those files now so I am at a loss.

I use Google mesh for my wifi which is testing fine and wiring in the Yamaha by ethernet is not an option. Have restarted everything to no avail.

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers

For audio files I've always favoured using Logitech Media Server, Asset UPNP or others.

Plex certainly used to be rubbish for music last time I tried it years ago, sounds like that's not changed.

Try Minimserver. Dedicated to music, very simple, usually no problems.

Are you running the latest version of Plex Media Server on your Mac? You will only get true FLAC playback if using DLNA, otherwise it will be transcoded by plex to your devices.

As you are using a Google MESH system have you turned your existing router into modem mode or are you running the MESH devices in access point (AP) mode? If both your ISP router and the Google MESH devices are in router mode you will be suffering from double NAT, which causes issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom