Question Yamaha RX-A780 : Remote zone 2 output volume via Apple TV remote

Mathieudu2oo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm searching for a while how to remote zone 2 volume (via HDMI) with the Siri remote.

I've found a way to remote via IR but my Zone 2 speakers are in another room than the receiver so there's not interest.

Someone know if there's a way to remote zone 2 volume via HDMI ?

Thanks for your help !

Not possible. HDMI CEC doesn't cater for such commands. HDMI Control is limited to commands within a set list covered by HDMI CEC. You can control volume via CEC, but there's no provision to switch the receiver to the second zone or determine which zone you are controlling the volume of.

I'd maybe suggest one of Logitech's Harmony remotes, maybe even the Harmony Hub if wishing to control devices from another room? In fact if wanting to control the second zones volume, I'd suggest maybe using the Yamaha Control app on am iOS or a Android device? Using either a Harmony Hub anf its associated app or aYamaha's own Control app will allow you to control the AV receiver remotely and out of eyesight from another room. THe Harmony is the better option if also wishing to control other devices apart from just the AV receiver.

I suspected it, but you confirm it.
I really like the Siri remote but I'm going to keep the ATV remote and my iPhone with the yamaha app in the other hand.

Otherwise, Thanks for your answer !

Note that it is possible to control the Harmony Hub using Siri, but this requires an intefmediary app called Yonomi:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom