Yamaha RX-A850 HDMI 2 Out Not Working

JGroUSMC

Novice Member
Reaction score
I appreciate any help that I can get... I have a Yamaha RX-A850 and finished my basement so that I will have the main TV and another behind a bar on the other end of the room (75 Ft away using HDMI 2.0 cables). I have ensured that I have it set to HDMI 1 + 2 out, but I can not get the video to turn on to the TV using the HDMI 2 output. I went as far as to try using another cable and still did not have any luck. I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

The sources I have tried were an Apple 4, Xbox One X, PS4, and a Cable Master OTA DVR and none would work on HDMI 2 out. I appreciate any help! Thanks!!!

How long is the cable? 75' suggests that you'd need an HDMI cable close to being 25 meters in length. This would be at least 3 times the length HDMI org recommend for copper HDMI cabling. Anything more than 6m is pushing your luck and anything more than 8m is very unlikely to result in you not experiencing issues with either drop out ot no signal what so ever.

For that kind of length. I'd suggest you look at HDBaseT HDMI extenders or using hybrid fibre optic HDMI cabling.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom