Yamaha RX-V1067, RX-V2067 and RX-V3067 Owners Thread - Part 3.

That looks cool as the yountsters say, but I am guessing that the app is not available for a Windows phone?

I believe it is only available for iOS and Android devices.

Hi can anybody help my amp has stopped working the SML red light on the front is on but it will not start up?

You may have triggered the receiver's protection mode for some reason and the amp will remain in this state until the issue causing it has been rectified. Unplug the rceiver for 1 hour and leave it to cool, while in this state check that all speaker wire connections are sound at both the speaker terminals and the receiver terminals.

Thanks I will try that, I have unplugged everything at the moment because the normal location is under the floor in a 3ft high room so it's difficult to work on, will the amp start up with nothing connected?

Yes, the amp will/should power up without having any external devices or speakers attached.

Hi the amp is still refusing to power up I have read about using the power and straight button together any idea's?

Hi the amp is still refusing to power up I have read about using the power and straight button together any idea's?

You mean this:

To enter ADVANCED SETUP mode - While pressing the STRAIGHT button, press the MAIN ZONE ON/
button and keep STRAIGHT button pressed until “ADVANCED SETUP” appears on the front panel display.

Does it do this?

crabby

You mean this:

To enter ADVANCED SETUP mode - While pressing the STRAIGHT button, press the MAIN ZONE ON/
button and keep STRAIGHT button pressed until “ADVANCED SETUP” appears on the front panel display.

Does it do this?

crabby

Why would he need to enter the advanced settings? The issue with being able to power up the receiver would still be present.

If the receiver is still not awakening from protection mode after leaving it disconnected from the mains for an hour and if there are no connections that can possibly be causing a short to occur, the damage is internal and needs to be repaired.

Last edited:
Why would be need to enter the advanced settings? The issue with being able to power up the receiver would still be present.

I was simply replying to his query about using the power and straight buttons together... you know... in the post above mine... and which I quoted... Didn't mean to offend o_O

The breadth of my experience with powering on is:

1. Press the button
2. Hear a clicky sound
3. It turns on

I have no idea if trying to go to advanced options will help... but it doesn't hurt for him to try? And, again, I was simply answering his post.

crabby

Hi thanks to everyone for posting, I spoke to Peter Tyson today and the amp is out of warranty so will need to go for repair a local firm offer to look for free so this seems to be the best option.

Hi,

My 3067 has developed a fault.

During playback there is a large amount of crackling noise from the rear right channel.

Setup is 5.1, and the source is a Virgin TIVO box in HDMI2 which normally outputs DD2.0. It has also happened with a Blu-Ray into HDMI1, which I think would have been a DD7.1 source. The sound programme will be surround decode.

It doesn't happen all the time, usually after about 10 mins or so, but once it starts it will persist, and needs to receiver putting into standby for a while and then when turned back on it should be back to normal. Sometimes it will run for hours without fault...

Changing the sound programme has no effect, and even by putting it into mute, there will still be the static noise from the right rear (all the desired sound will mute as expected).

Any thoughts,
Steve

Could it be the speaker? Swap the left and right speakers over and see if the problem persists?
AJ

Yeah, definitely on the output side. The good news is it might be fixable, since the power amp stage is usually pretty simple. If you have one of those little hobby electronics shops near you, the old bloke who runs it would probably love a little challenge like this. Rule out the speaker and the cable first though.

Anyone know the power of the headphone jack? Was thinking that maybe I can use my 2067 as an headphone amp. Instead of buying a separate.

I need some help. Can someone who owns a RX-V2067 please measure the heights of the microphone?
I have 2 different receivers but don't know which microphone is belonging to which.

I need some help. Can someone who owns a RX-V2067 please measure the heights of the microphone?
I have 2 different receivers but don't know which microphone is belonging to which.
You mean the YAPO mic? I'll try and find mine but I think it's about 4cm... Do you think it makes a difference?

crabby

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes exactly the YPAO mic. So please if your could measure it, I will be gratefull, since I have sold my other unit and wanted to make sure the right YPAO goes to the right one.

It should make a difference. The one I have is approx 4 cm and the other about 3 cm but wants to make 100% sure.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes exactly the YPAO mic. So please if your could measure it, I will be gratefull, since I have sold my other unit and wanted to make sure the right YPAO goes to the right one.

It should make a difference. The one I have is approx 4 cm and the other about 3 cm but wants to make 100% sure.
Thanks for the help.

My V2067 mic is 4cms in height and also has a very small Yamaha symbol on the base too.

Excellent. Thanks for the help the three of you guys!!:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom