Yamaha RX-V2067 - No Sound After Power On, Unless Power Cycled

I have now solved my problem. My problem wasn't the capacitors. It was the Digital2 P.C.B.

Checked the possibility to order a new Digital 2 P.C.B. and they are still available for around €100.

I thought I'll first will try to bake the PCB in the oven before I order a replacement.

Placed it on a piece of wood in the oven on 200°C (392°F) for 15 minutes with the DSP2-chip facing down and resting straight with help of the board power socket, chassi mounting and the cable tie that is mounted on the board. I let it cool down and the mounted it again and now it works perfectly and the self diagnostic test are all ok regarding firmware version, checksum and the bus signal on the DSP2.

Found out during my investigation that the DSP2 chipset made by Texas Instrument was withdrawn and replaced because premature aging. Was in contact with Yamaha Europe about this but that was nothing they knew about.

Last edited:
Hello Greg66,
My A2010 is also having the same problems and I was wondering if you have had any luck fixing the problem and what the solution was.
Thanks,
Bryan

Again another update in case this helps anyone else in the future.

So receiver has been in for repair and is working perfectly again. Turns out it was some capacitors on the power supply that were faulty.

Anyway now I've got the Denon AVR-X3300W as a replacement and the other half has got used to using this one I think I'll try and sell the Yamaha in the classified section of this forum, so if anyone is interested then take a look on there :)

Thanks for all that helped on this and hopefully this can help anyone in the future who has a similar issue.
I am having a similar issue with my YAMAHA receiver RX-V2075. I will try Capacitor replacement. :)

Hello

Thought I'd share this with you guys. I have an RX-V2067 with similar issues/symptoms as described by other members. I replaced the capacitors on the power board and this seemed to eliminate the scratching sound I used to get coming from the speakers when switched on. However the issue about no sound after switching on is still there. I have to switch the AMP on & off a few times before getting sound. Still investigating.
The problem to replace this AMP with similar specs is very costly. Trying my best to save this one.

I also have an HDMI Board as well as other parts for a RX-A2010 available. Anyone looking for parts for the RX-A2010?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom