Yamaha RX-V467 BANANA PLUGS - is it possible?

arkade

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I bought some banana plugs (6mm) for my speakers and amp. They fit into my speakers fine but at the back of the amp the hole seems too small. I've always intended to use banana plugs but only just got round to it after a very long time of owning this amp!

In the manual I found online when talking about banana plugs it says "excluding UK, South Korea etc..." which I am confused by...why would they prevent the use of banana plugs in soem countries?

Anyway, anyone who knows this amp, is it possible to use banana plugs? Are the 6mm ones just too big? Or maybe I can adapt the posts to take banana plugs?

I've attached a photo.

Any help greatfully received thank you.

Attachments

• 20200404_150132.jpg
    20200404_150132.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 328
Can you remove the central plastic area at the centre of each of the binding posts? It is normal to ordinarilly have the hole used to insert a banana plug filled by a small plastic bung. The bung itself would also have a small hole in it to aid its removal using a paperclip for example.

Try removing the bungs and you should then be able to insert 4mm banana plugs into the resulting holes.

Last edited:
Can you remove the central plastic area at the centre of each of the binding posts? It is normal to ordinarilly have the hole used to insert a banana plug filled by a small plastic bung. The bung itself would also have a small hole in it to aid its removal using a paperclip for example.

Try removing the bungs and you should then be able to insert 4mm banana plugs into the resulting holes.

I'm having the same issue with the Yamaha RX-S602.
I've removed the central plastic area but the banana plugs are still too big.
Any suggestions?

These are the plugs I've bought:
Amazon product ASIN B08BYR4KBT

Yamaha only facilitate the use of 4mm banana plugs so if the plugs don't fit then it is an issue with those plugs and not something wrong with the binding posts. Push them in, they will require some force for them to be inserted.

Thank you. Maybe the plugs are advertised as 4mm, but they are bigger.
The hole is much much smaller, can't see how I can push them in without breaking the binding posts.

Can you post an image of the post and the central holes?

I've attained an image myself showing the Yamaha RX-S602's binding posts

by default 2021-01-24 at 16.40.08.png

Have you removed the platic bungs at the centre of the bunding posts? These need to be removed in order to reveal a larger hole that 4mm banana plugswill inserted into.

THis model's manual also indicates that banana plugs can be used:

by default 2021-01-24 at 16.45.47.png

Hi, thank you for the reply! Yes I have removed the plastic bungs at the centre of the bunding posts, but the 4mm (or at least that's how they are advertised as per my link above) banana plugs are nearly twice the size of the hole.
I can't take a pic of the banana plugs now because I've sealed them in an envelope to return them tomorrow.
Here's a pic of the receiver, I guess not very useful on its own.
rx-s602.jpg

This is probably a silly beginner's question, but why they don't use RCA connectors for speakers: wouldn't it be so much simpler?

Something here is not making sense, what did you mean earlier when you said 6mm banana plugs?

Last edited:
Can you measure the hole with a tape measure?

Something here is not making sense, what did you mean earlier when you said 6mm banana plugs?

The original poster (arkade) was talking about 6mm banana plugs, not me.
I've added to his thread rather than starting a new one because it was the same issue.

Just an update in case anyone else with the RX-S602 has the same issue.
I bought these 4mm banana plugs and they work fine. I think they are silly expensive for what they are, but at least they fit perfectly:
Amazon product ASIN B07PQMGBW6

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom