Yamaha RX-V673 owners thread ...Pt 2.

Thanks Dante, 2 ch stereo should do. Would I feed these input to irdac and irdacs output to where in 673 please?

Thanks Dante, 2 ch stereo should do. Would I feed these input to irdac and irdacs output to where in 673 please?

Yes, the digital output (USB, optical or digital coax) from the source would go to the rDAC and the rDAC's analogue left and right RCA outputs would go to a left and right analogue RCA source input on the AV receiver.

Hi - I'm new here so please keep me right. We recently upgraded our trusty-still working- 18yr old- Sony Triton 24" CRT TV to a Samsung curved UE32J6300...probably the last in our street to go HD.

Despite being TV Luddites, we upgraded our AV amp to the Yamaha RX-673 about a year and half ago after my previous Yamaha natural sound amp kept switching itself off (TBF this was after over 20 years of faithful service). We also have a Virgin TiVo set top box. With the 673 and various scart connections, the sound was fine.

(NB - I have searched the threads but unable to pin down, so if I'm asking something that has already been answered please point me in the right direction and I apologise for wasting your time.)

The time lag / lip sync delay issue is doing my head in and it's really spoiling our enjoyment of incredible picture quality. I've used the time delay feature that the Samsung has built in but it goes from being really obvious to really, really, really obvious. It's not just out, it's massively out.

If I take the connection from TiVo to TV, and use the TV speakers, there is no lag; the issue does seem to emanate via the Yamaha.

The firmware was pretty out of date, so I updated it, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Can anyone suggest anything?

HDMI leads are all pretty new - never had any reason / capability to use them before. Connections are as follows:

TiVo HDMI to Yamaha HDMI 1 (the TiVo only has one HDMI connection)
Yamaha HDMI Out to Samsung HDMI In STB
Yamaha HDMI 2 to DVD player
Yamaha HDMI 3 to X-box 360

For info, the Yamaha is only connected to a centre speaker, left and right and a sub woofer that we rarely use as we're in a flat.

I've tried putting the amp on to direct sound to no avail, and also with the Yamaha HDMI Out to the Samsung TV Arc HDMI In 2 connection. Issues re lip sync happen with DVDs too.

It seems crazy that the only way to resolve the lip sync issues is to avoid using the amp completely. I've been using 5 channel (OK three at the moment) sound since the X-files first came on TV. I can't go back to normal TV speakers now! Please help :)

Thanks

The time lag / lip sync delay issue is doing my head in and it's really spoiling our enjoyment of incredible picture quality. I've used the time delay feature that the Samsung has built in but it goes from being really obvious to really, really, really obvious. It's not just out, it's massively out.

Is the sound ahead of the picture?

If so you set the lipsync delay through the Yamaha menus

Is the sound ahead of the picture?

If so you set the lipsync delay through the Yamaha menus

Thanks. I was looking through Yamaha menu via TV and couldn't see how, but just had a check on manual and finally found it. Once I get TV back to myself I'll try that and report back. Much appreciated!

Thanks Pretri - I've now found the correct part of the menu and that appears to have sorted it. Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly. We can enjoy HD movies with fab sound without getting irritated. Thank you :)

Netradio issue : Don't often listen to radio 4. But this morning there's a distinct bass pop. Almost like someone tapping a mic, or outside broadcast without a windshield. All other stations seem fine. Any thoughts?
Trevor

I have this amp and a new 4K tv. Will the 4K pass through work on its own or do I have to change the video mode from direct to processing and then enable something for the 4K pass through to take effect? Cheers.

I figured out this amp has the 4K pass through but does anyone know if it accepts the 4K HDR pass through as I'm upgrading to a 4K Blu Ray player

I figured out this amp has the 4K pass through but does anyone know if it accepts the 4K HDR pass through as I'm upgrading to a 4K Blu Ray player

The RXV673 cannot convey UHD encoded content, lacks HDCP 2.2 compliance and has no ability to handle or passthrough HDR metadata. You'd need at least a late version 2.0 HDMI chipset to give you any of these abilities and preferably an implementation of HDMI version 2.0a. The RXV673 has HDMI version 1.4 which cannot be updated to give it the capabilities needed for UHD or HDR compliance. The ability to passthrough content with a 4K resolution should not be confused with the abilities a receiver needs for it to be able to handle and passthrough UHD encoded content.

The RXV673 cannot convey UHD encoded content, lacks HDCP 2.2 compliance and has no ability to handle or passthrough HDR metadata. You'd need at least a late version 2.0 HDMI chipset to give you any of these abilities and preferably an implementation of HDMI version 2.0a. The RXV673 has HDMI version 1.4 which cannot be updated to give it the capabilities needed for UHD or HDR compliance. The ability to passthrough content with a 4K resolution should not be confused with the abilities a receiver needs for it to be able to handle and passthrough UHD encoded content.
I used to run everything through the receiver directly(hdmi in, then one out to tv) but since moving to 4K this obviously had to change. Now I'm having to use an optical out on the tv to the receiver. The problem I'm running into is the lip sync. I have tried auto and manual and can't get it right. No problem with regular blu Rays or streamed content, only with 4K blu Rays. Any advice?

I have an Xbox one s plugged into an EF9500 oled

Thanks

I have this amp and have done a factory reset in order to configure using YPAO.
Now the amp doesn't detect DTS off my PS4 like it did before the reset?
HDMI is in slot 2 (as before).
Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Hello! Hoping someone can point me in the right direction......

I have a blu-ray player connected to this amp via HDMI (for video) and optical (for audio). However, I want to do away with the optical cable - it is my understanding that this amp will accept a Dolby Digital signal over HDMI but I can't get it to work at all - just goes into pro-logic / PCM mode and any amount of playing with settings doesnt seem to sort the issue. Any assistance would be much appreciated!!

Hello! Hoping someone can point me in the right direction......

I have a blu-ray player connected to this amp via HDMI (for video) and optical (for audio). However, I want to do away with the optical cable - it is my understanding that this amp will accept a Dolby Digital signal over HDMI but I can't get it to work at all - just goes into pro-logic / PCM mode and any amount of playing with settings doesnt seem to sort the issue. Any assistance would be much appreciated!!

Set the player's HDMI audio output to BITSTREAM and ensure that SECONDARY AUDIO is also turned off within the player's settings. Note that you'd only get Dolby Digital or other multichannel formats if actually playing something encoded with such formats.

For testing purposes, set the receiver to its STRAIGHT mode.

I'm afraid my receiver is failing and would like some advice.

For my setup. I primarily use my receiver for playing movies/music through my computer and outputting to the receiver through HDMI. The receiver is connected to my speakers and movie projector. About a week ago I noticed that my receiver sounded garbled on audio when playing a movie. No settings were changed from how I keep them. I eventually had to turn on and off the receiver to get the sound back to normal. Since then I've had some audio drops where the sound cuts out for about 1-3 seconds. I lose the speakers on the front display like it loses the signal and then it comes back after that break. At first this was about once or twice in a half hour but now it seems like it is very frequent. Sometimes I can't even get through 4 minute song without it happening. I noticed that it happens no matter the settings of the receiver. I've tried it straight, pure direct, and it still happens. A couple of times, the audio went out completely and did not come back until I turned it off and back on. I even switched to tuner to listen to the radio and it cut out and then starting making an awful noise. If I turn the receiver off and put the settings on standby passthrough, the audio on my projector works just fine so I don't think it is the output from the computer. Since it passes audio just fine, I'm guessing its the receiver's circuitry. I haven't had any video issues (also HDMI). I also tried resetting already and no luck. Anybody have any advice for me on this? I have a feeling it's shot. If you agree, do you think it's worth trying to repair or just buy a new one.

Hi - are there any updates that will allow 4k pass through? Or do i need to buy a new receiver?

didnt it do 4k pass through out the box from new?
i bypass it anyway with xbox as it adds lag when gaming

dont think so
i passed through Sky Q to a UHD tv and it didnt detect a UHD source?

The AV Amp is not HDCP2.2 compatible therefore will not pass commercial 4K.

At a minimum you will need a Yamaha RXV681.

Other manufacturers are available.

JonUK

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom