Question Yamaha RX-V685

Teja505

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, Iam having RX-V685. while am using it on Airplay mode and playing songs from mobile music App like wynk or Spotify am facing sound drop for 1 or 2 seconds .. Please can anyone suggest why am facing this hiccups in sound.

Iam facing this sound drop issues while am watching movies from Netflix (tv is connected to receiver via HDMI).

its irritating to face sound drops while music or movies are playing continuously... Need help on how to fix this.

I'd suggest that you may have issues with your router or your access to the internet?

Aside from the Airplay dropout (why not use Spotify Connect rather than Airplay 2 BTW?)

So it's dropping while connected to your TV and playing Netflix via ARC?

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded to firmware v.2.07. Anyone know how to rectify?

I always used Spotify Connect, but now that's not working at all (the information shows, and the song appears to be playing, but there is no audio). When I revert to using Airplay, I get occasional audio dropouts, which is madenning.

I use the device most without having an attached screen turned on at all, in case that makes a difference.

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded to firmware v.2.07. Anyone know how to rectify?

I always used Spotify Connect, but now that's not working at all (the information shows, and the song appears to be playing, but there is no audio). When I revert to using Airplay, I get occasional audio dropouts, which is madenning.

I use the device most without having an attached screen turned on at all, in case that makes a difference.

I've fixed the problem. I'm not exactly sure which of two changes I made rectified the situation (Spotify Connect is working again) so I'll list both:

1. After updating the firmware, I tried repeatedly to return the Network name of the device to the default setting ("RX-V685 76A15C"), but the unit kept stubbornly reverting to the name I had set.

2. I changed the Network connection of the device from Wired to Wireless (which involved physically unplugging the ethernet cable).
2a. I had Spotify forget the device and re-connected to it.

Spotify Connect is working again, even now that I've reverted to a wired network connection.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom