YamahaRX-V485 using "MusicCast 20" remote speaker

TomCurt

Novice Member
Reaction score
I use a Yamaha RX-V485 receiver on which I can use what they call a "MusicCast" network, to add WiFi remote speakers. This is done with the "Yamaha MusicCast" app on my phone.

To add a device --- i.e., a wireless remote speaker, I start uo the App, then:
- go to "Settings"
- Click on "Add new device"
- Power on your audio device (i.e., the remote speaker) and click "next"
- press and hold the "connect" button on the MusicCast device

This causes the app to search for the device.

Now.... here's the part that's a standard Android function:
After half a minute or so it tells me "go to your Android WiFi settings [a standard screen
on the phone] and select the 'MusicCastSetup' network, then return to the MusicCast app and enter '12345678' for MusicCastSetup password."
Now ... the "MusicCastSetup" network isn't on the list of available networks (my own WiFi is there, so are the SSIDs of my neighbors' WiFi's, none of which matters), so I click on "+Add network."

I type in "MusicCastSetup" and click "save." Then, absolutely nothing else happens!! It doesn't add the requested network to my available list, it give me no error message, Nothing.

I can repeat the above steps and nothing different happens.

OK, what would you do????

Tom

Did you get this connected? I just bought one and having other troubles, although I did get it to connect.

What WiFi channel are you using 2.4 or 5 as when I set mine up quite a while ago it would not join the 5 ,just a thought

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom