You know you’re addicted to physical disc media buying when....

bruce-leroy

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
You go into a shopping precinct for other purposes. The original intention is not specifically looking for BD discs.

Despite not really wanting anything and knowing you have more discs than remaining lifespan to watch them....You walk pass the Poundland store, do a U turn, and go in and see if there anything worth buying or anything new been added to the shelves. :D :D :D

Despite having all your films indexed so you know exactly what you own....buying the exact same release again by mistake....

I haven’t put my discs on a database so I’m also at that stage where I can’t fathom If I already own something or not!

I haven’t put my discs on a database so I’m also at that stage where I can’t fathom If I already own something or not!
Just use blu-ray.com and the app that goes with it - its got to be the easiest and they seem to have just about every release catalogued.

Just use blu-ray.com and the app that goes with it - its got to be the easiest and they seem to have just about every release catalogued.

Cheers Jim, I’m currently moving so may catalogue as I go. :D

You own three copies of one of your most favourite films on the same format using the following, paper thin logic:

Copy Number 1 - Standard Edition, sits on the shelf and gets watched most Sunday afternoons when you should be getting through your Watch List but you get so little time on your own to properly enjoy your setup you couldn’t be ar#ed.

Copy Number 2 - Special Edition, more to be stared at than watched, sits on the top of the shelving and is occasionally picked up so you can admire the contents and press the button on the side to play the famous five note sequence and watch the pretty light. Still, a bit of a chore to take it down and have the lid and sleeve littering up the place while you watch the film, so that’s why you have the Standard Edition.

Copy Number 3 - Special Edition again, but never taken out of the wrapping so you’ll have a spare when the battery doing the music and lights on your opened Special Edition runs out.

Beat that :D

664EFA58-8211-4B8C-9D68-0004D22A30AD.jpeg

You own three copies of one of your most favourite films on the same format using the following, paper thin logic:

Copy Number 1 - Standard Edition, sits on the shelf and gets watched most Sunday afternoons when you should be getting through your Watch List but you get so little time on your own to properly enjoy your setup you couldn’t be ar#ed.

Copy Number 2 - Special Edition, more to be stared at than watched, sits on the top of the shelving and is occasionally picked up so you can admire the contents and press the button on the side to play the famous five note sequence and watch the pretty light. Still, a bit of a chore to take it down and have the lid and sleeve littering up the place while you watch the film, so that’s why you have the Standard Edition.

Copy Number 3 - Special Edition again, but never taken out of the wrapping so you’ll have a spare when the battery doing the music and lights on your opened Special Edition runs out.

View attachment 1363469

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner! :D

Yeah, but I’m still holding out for a Super Duper IMAX Enhanced Edition in a couple of years time for the 45th Anniversary :)

Yeah, but I’m still holding out for a Super Duper IMAX Enhanced Edition in a couple of years time for the 45th Anniversary :)

I don’t think I’ve watched Close Encounters from beginning to end. When I had the dvd I wasn‘t in the right frame of mind to sit through it, and dIdn’t go back to it! I do Have the BD......

View attachment 1363469
There's a lot more people out there with worse obsessions than that believe me. I love Blade Runner for instance, its my favourite film, but some people have to collect EVERY release...

Makes me sound jealous I know but I'm really not! :D

.... you buy a copy of Logan on UHD which you lend to one of your daughters, 6 months later you want to watch Logan but can't find it, all 4 daughters deny having it, so you convince yourself you haven't got it so grab a second hand copy from an AV Forums Member.....

... the day before Daughter #4 says "Hey Dad guess what I found....." :facepalm:

.....you start to microwave, toast, oven cook and spoon the collection.

Buying a second copy of a disc because the first one, that you’ve never played has a mark on its playing surface which might cause a playback glitch, even though you also have the 4K version and will never watch the HD version. Ever.

.... you wake up every morning and load up your browser book marks which are to AVForums Bargain Thread, AV Forums Price Alert Thread, Blu-ray.com Newest Deals Thread, then Chrome crashes Because you have 60 browser tabs open and you’re trying to find 2 for £30 or 3 for £30 but you can’t find the last one to complete the deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom