Oh I just remembered my 2nd film which I intended to mention in the OP...

2005's War of the Worlds is one of my all time faves - the audio is a cracker, but imagining that upgraded to Atmos + having it in HDR would be delicious!

Last Of The Mohicans
Interview With The Vampire
Dog Soldiers
Shooter
Legends Of The Fall
Open Range
Top Gun
Sphere
Godzilla (Jean Reno Version)
Ronin
Outland
Event Horizon
Abyss
Contact

Just about everything that already has a 4K scan and SE by one of the niche studios and is already halfway towards a release, hopefully in a more comprehensive way than Waterworld.

Highlights, for me, would be things like Friedkin's To Live and Die in LA and Sorcerer, Mann's Heat and Mohicans (IDK if this had a 4K scan), Ronin, Alfredo Garcia, Blue Thunder, The Driver (and Drive!), Malick's The New World and The Thin Red Line. These are almost all 4K scanned already.

But I think we've got to work our way through all the generic Sony remastered back catalogue, and all of Lionsgate's random choices before we even touch some of these gems, judging by the way they were handled on BD.

Jean De Florette/Manon Des Sources, Contact, The day after tomorrow, Deep impact.

Heat!

I felt the audio on the BD could've been better, so hope they address that on the UHD release.

Also The Descent would be even more fun in UHD/Atmos. :eek::D

Sin City.

Now!

(The colours are just begging for the HDR treatment)

Some movies I’d like to see on 4K Blu Ray.

Heat
Jaws
Gravity
Once Upon A Time In The West
Kill Bill
It Follows
Last Of The Mohicans
Drive

Last edited:
Shoot Em Up
World War Z
The Untouchables
Seven
Pitch Black
The Chronicles of Riddick
We Were Soldiers
Interview With The Vampire
Mulholland Drive

I agree with Se7en. David Finchers dark, grimy thriller would really benefit from 4K and HDR.

Here’s a few more off the list, from the Dark Horizons website:

Following the rousing success of their theatrical run for the 4K restoration of “Apocalypse Now: Final Cut,” Studiocanal has announced their classic library titles set to score 4K re-releases next year with all coming to home entertainment and some getting limited theatrical runs.

The list includes an eclectic bunch such as Jean-Luc Godard’s “Breathless,” David Lynch’s “The Elephant Man,” Sidney Lumet’s “Serpico,” Paul Verhoeven’s “Basic Instinct” and “Total Recall,” and Dino De Laurentiis’ “Flash Gordon

Here’s a few more off the list, from the Dark Horizons website:

Following the rousing success of their theatrical run for the 4K restoration of “Apocalypse Now: Final Cut,” Studiocanal has announced their classic library titles set to score 4K re-releases next year with all coming to home entertainment and some getting limited theatrical runs.

The list includes an eclectic bunch such as Jean-Luc Godard’s “Breathless,” David Lynch’s “The Elephant Man,” Sidney Lumet’s “Serpico,” Paul Verhoeven’s “Basic Instinct” and “Total Recall,” and Dino De Laurentiis’ “Flash Gordon

I‘d be interested in Elephant Man, the rest not so much. Good to see more catalogue titles getting 4K releases though.

Looking forward to Flash Gordon myself.

E0421858-DC98-4C4E-A18E-BA30CE24C48A.jpeg

Can’t really explain why :love:

5F656720-7507-483E-A9F1-0C801E1C24B5.jpeg

...and while you are at it StudioCanal maybe you could print some more copies of the 4K 'Apocalypse Now' boxset with the Theatrical Cut

Kill Bill 1 & 2 would look utterly brilliant.
Blood Diamond
Broken Embraces
Do the Right Thing (again would look amazing)
Indiana Jones films
Zero Dark Thirty
American Sniper
Jungle Book (recent live remake)
Malena
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
The Raid
Wolf of Wall Street
Rocky 1-4 and Rocky Balboa (6)
Betty Blue (I wish)

Kill Bill 1 & 2 would look utterly brilliant.
Blood Diamond
Broken Embraces
Do the Right Thing (again would look amazing)
Indiana Jones films
Zero Dark Thirty
American Sniper
Jungle Book (recent live remake)
Malena
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
The Raid
Wolf of Wall Street
Rocky 1-4 and Rocky Balboa (6)
Betty Blue (I wish)
I don't know if you are aware but mission impossible and Zero dark thirty have 4k releases, ( zero dark thirty is a US only release i think)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom