Zelda Amiibo

Wattsy 75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been reading up on amiibo functionality in zelda.
Sounds pretty cool in that you actually get some benefit from them.
Sold out everywhere though and going for silly money.

Anyone been using them to get loot drops?

Not used mine yet. My kids want to use the Link one to get Epona.

May have to keep an eye out now for more Amiibos.

Good luck with that.as rare as rocking horse pooh. L

What do they all do in game?

They can be used once a day for loot
From what I have found so far:
Link (Smash Brothers version) gave me Epona
All others - I have a few, mainly from the Mario Party 10 set, 1st wave, R.O.B. and Mr Game and Watch - they just dropped random foodstuffs and enemy parts for cooking/brewing potions.

There is a guide I read just yesterday that lists all the Zelda amiibo drops:
Zelda Breath of the Wild Amiibo Unlock Guide

BOTW ones seem hard to come by. Sure they'll come back into stock soon. Then I'll snap a couple up.

These are constantly coming in stock at Amazon (and then going out of stock again very quickly) so I have managed to get them all for RRP except Zelda herself. She never seems to come in stock and there is one joker on Amazon selling it for ÂŁ999. It's quite nice to get the extras in-game but they are also really nice figures and look good on my geek shelf.

I got Epona yesterday. the kids are very excited. Took me ages to find out where to scan the actual amiibo !!

Looked on amazon but even they seem to be charging twice the price on nintendo store !

Only meant to be 12.99 a figure

SOme sellers must be on another planet . prices they want

My local Sainsburys (Reading/Calcot) had a Guardian, Moblin and Zelda on the shelf. All at the RRP, no rip off like Game. Might be worth checking out if you have a store near you?

I've been picking up a few different amiibo (always swore I would never buy them) to use in game, even the non zelda ones are handy for food items

How often can you use them? Is it one and done, or once a day? Got all the Smash figures and a few Zelda ones so could get quite a nice haul out of all those.

If anyone is thinking of selling any of their amiibo, hit me up on my wanted thread (link in sig)

The Wolf Link amiibo is great - you get a wolf buddy in the game who attacks enemies and animals for meat. Wolf Link has 3 heart out of the box, but if you play the last wii u zelda you can build him up to a massive 20 hearts!

This is the first amiibo I have actually bagged for in game benefits :)

I got Link's classic green hat today (8 bit link amiibo)

If anyone is thinking of selling any of their amiibo, hit me up on my wanted thread (link in sig)

My son will never let it drop after I sold you them amiibo's lol. Keeps harping on about the horse he could have had, I should have at least activated it for him first. Can that even be done though? I though once it was sold on a the new owner reset it you would lose the benefits.

I've no idea what happens to items activated in game after an amiibo has been transferred I'm afraid. Can't imagine you'd lose the in game item as the system wouldn't know you've not got the amiibo

I've no idea what happens to items activated in game after an amiibo has been transferred I'm afraid. Can't imagine you'd lose the in game item as the system wouldn't know you've not got the amiibo

I seen someone Local selling the link one New and boxed for ÂŁ20, I offered her ÂŁ10 haha. She was like do you know how much this is worth and I said yes ÂŁ10 that's what I'm offering. Needless to say she didn't get back to me :rotfl::laugh:

You can use the same amiibo with a 3ds, wiiU, and a Switch, so if it's just for daily drops I don't see why it won't work.

I've been collecting these and am now needing the Smash Brothers, Ocarina, Wind Waker and 8-bit ones. Haven't seen them in stock for months so no idea if they will restock them at all. I will go without rather than pay the silly money they're going for on Amazon and Ebay. Game can also go jump with their inflated prices. Yet another example of how that company offers such poor value to the consumer. I'm surprised they're still in business.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom